“YUM!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smokin Oyster Brewery

Smokin Oyster Brewery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual open air with Great Food and Drink
Chicago, Illinois
“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I ate here a couple of times during our 4 night visit to Fort Myers. The oysters were outstanding. I ordered the dungeness crabs - ridiculously good! I'd recommend anyone visiting the Fort Myers area to make a stop here for lunch or for dinner. We even grabbed dinner to go one night.

Visited March 2013

Battle Creek, Michigan
“Go for late night, not for food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

TripAdvisor doesn't often steer me wrong often but this place was a total miss. Don't let the name mislead you, this is not a brewery, it is a dirty bar. The table we found was sticky and gross, but we decided to stick it out based on the good reviews. Wish we hadn't ...

When we finally got a server to pay attention to us, we asked about beer. She merely flipped the menu over and pointed to the bottle list with "this is what we've got." I expected microbrews but they had just one specialty bottled beer that someone contract brews for them.

The food was boring and average. We tried both the mesquite grouper and the fried grouper sandwich and neither was anything special. So disappointing.

Other negatives: smoking is allowed in the bar area. The table next to ours complained of a hair in their oysters. The beer my husband wanted was available but they didn't have any cold (huh?). The list goes on. I would never, ever go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelsforchocolate
Ramsey, Minnesota
“fun atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Everytime we go by this place it is very busy, so when we walked by and saw a table we jumped right in. There was a live one person band playing music around 5:45 which also was happy hour, which is until 6. Bottle beer only no taps. I ordered the grouper bites off of the appetizer menu. They were good and not fishy tasting. Mostly adults frequent here for some reason and I don't see a lot of children. I couldn't really get a fibe here with my 2 drinks and food. I would say check it out and see if you can figure out what the big deal is with this place.

• Visited March 2013
“Best place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food! Awesome people! The workers are very friendly and very welcoming! Definitely worth going to. The location is also great

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Service is awesome! Our server was Dave and he was just great. The beach bread appetizer is to die for! It is always a packed place, but you still get prompt service. If you are looking for a true mico-brew, this is not your place. They have one micro-brew and it is just so-so.

• Visited February 2013