“Music, dining and fun!!”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family-friendly waterfront dining with affordable pricing. Featuring fresh seafood daily and full bar with our famous Island Mojitos. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Sports Bar and Live Entertainment. Arrive by car or boat. Doc Ford’s Rum Bar and Grille may have originated on Sanibel Island, but be sure to check out this newest location on Fort Myers Beach!
Naples, Florida
“Music, dining and fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Love Docs!! The bands there are great, the food awesome, but have had trouble with waitresses, not bringing silverware, or coming back and checking on things. It is a fun spot!!

Forest Lake, Minnesota
“Accidental Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Took 3 friends to Bonita Bill's for early dinner last night (Saturday) because friends had introduced it to me last week in the middle of the week. Big mistake and I rectified it by taking them to Doc Ford's. None of us had been there, but all of us enjoyed everything immensely. I had the Lime Panko Fish Sandwich (signature item) mentioned in other reviews and loved it. We had one appetizer amongst us and three of us also had the clam chowder in addition to our main course. The only problem was we couldn't eat it all!
Anthony (our server) was competent and enjoyable in a very busy period and well deserved his 20%. We'll be back and I'm going to have to check out Mr. Wayne's books.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Place for Lunch, Dinner, or a Drink on the Water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I have had lunch/dinner here a few times while in the area. The restaurant is actually on the waterway that runs under the bridge to Fort Myers Beach so it can be a little hard to find. You can sit on one of their large decks outside and watch the boats come or sit inside. Both have great views of the water. They also have a bar area with TV's if you want to watch a game. At night they have live music outside (which can get a little loud). It's a very large place but they do get crowded in season. They have a number of fish dinners with a Caribbean flavor to them. They claim to have the best Fish Sandwich in Fort Myers and after having it a couple of times I won't argue with them. When the chef heard my wife could not have gluten he sent up a sample of the gluten free flatbread on the menu and she loved it. She really likes their Yucatan Shrimp. I've had the Deep Water Mahi-Mahi which is also very good. The staff has been very friendly and attentive each time we have gone. My one complaint would be that they have a limited selection of beers on tap. I'm sure we will be back the next time we are in Fort Myers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food with an even better view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went to Doc Ford's for lunch during a trip to Fort Myers, and absolutely loved it. You can't beat the view. The food was excellent and the service was great, too.

I'm not really a stickler for getting "signature" dishes at places, but in this case, try the Lime Panko Crusted Fish Sandwich - it really was the best! We also had the Yucatan Shrimp, which was one of the better shrimp appetizers I've ever had.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BrittanyMG17
Lansing, Michigan
“Nice atmosphere, disappointed with food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting friends that live in the area and love this place. While we enjoyed the outdoor seating on the marina with space heaters, the food left something to be desired. I had high expectations because of the rave reviews but did not really enjoy the food at all. Also, the drinks were overpriced and disappointing. They get an extra star just because of the ambiance.