Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Ft. Myers Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Family-friendly waterfront dining with affordable pricing. Featuring fresh seafood daily and full bar with our famous Island Mojitos. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Sports Bar and Live Entertainment. Arrive by car or boat. Doc Ford’s Rum Bar and Grille may have originated on Sanibel Island, but be sure to check out this newest location on Fort Myers Beach!
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stopped here after a day out looking at properties and had a late lunch. The service was fast and friendly and the food was excellent. I had the fish sandwich which was moist and flavorful and the meal was good. we look forward to returning on our next visit.

There are newer reviews for Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Ft. Myers Beach

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I always go there at least once when we travel to Ft. Myers. I love the view from their deck. My favorite is their blackened grouper sandwich with black beans and rice. They also have nice cold beer and cheap prices. Sometimes they have live music which is really nice too.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stopped here for lunch, I thought my GPS took me in the wrong location as we took a side road by the bridge. But never mind it was exactly where it should be. this restuarant is well tucked out of the way but really worth finding. I had the Captiva Crab cakes and they were perfection in itself. The service was outstanding and great for a business lunch.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I went to Doc Ford's on Saturday evening and we were told that there was a long wait for seating inside. We opted to sit outside and the hostess who was not too pleasant gave us a seat next to a large family gathering with a ton of screaming kids. Needless to say there was no ambiance with that noisy crowd next to us. It was also way too dark on the patio to even read the menu. Hint get some lights on the deck.

The food (I had the grouper and my wife the salmon) was very good and well prepared. We did order the banana bread pudding for desert. Hint...there is only a slice of banana and it's not even part of the pudding. Better call it chocolate bread pudding with a banana chaser!

Overall it was okay but you need to do your homework.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a meal here on our last night in Fort Myers Beach. Started with the nachos with black beans and my wife and I both had the Paella. Nachos were very good and the Paella full of flavour, with clams mussels, prawns and white fish. Good selection of drinks and friendly atmosphere. Sat outside overlooking the water. Nice way to spend an evening! If I go back that way again will try the other Doc Fords on Sanibel and Captiva. Good value.