“Yummy!!!!!”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Ft. Myers Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Family-friendly waterfront dining with affordable pricing. Featuring fresh seafood daily and full bar with our famous Island Mojitos. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Sports Bar and Live Entertainment. Arrive by car or boat. Doc Ford’s Rum Bar and Grille may have originated on Sanibel Island, but be sure to check out this newest location on Fort Myers Beach!
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great atmosphere with wonderful live music, great food and yummy drinks! Sit outside if you can. I had the daily special......a shrimp po'boy that was out of this world.....along with the black beans and rice! Had a tastey rum drink or two and I was in my own little heaven! Our server was somewhat slow in coming back for drink refills and picking up our payment, but this place is a for sure must!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,086)

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This place was really great. The yucatan shrimp are not to miss! I would definitely recommend this spot.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went with couple we were visiting and 3 of the 4 of us had a great meal. The wives had the Tri-Fin special which was excellent. My husband had a salad which was also good. Our friends husband had the paella which was not very good. It was very oily. Friend is from a country where paella is big so I guess it was hard to measure up to that. Key lime pie was great. One of my favorite desserts. Service was good and very nice.. Always kept my water glass full which I love. Had a nice table facing water. Will be back.

1  Thank acaida
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Found this restaurant the first night of our vacation and decided to try it. As they say busy restaurant means good food and that statement is true. I had the Chef special which Tri-fin on a sticky rice with Asian veggies and my husband had the dry rubbed rib eye steak both were absolutely delicious. Huge portions and very fresh. The food was so good we ended our trip here because we just had to try it again. This time I had the fish tacos again fresh and refreshing. The rib eye was so good my husband had to have it a 2nd time and it was as good as the first. The service was great, the food came out quickly by very efficient food runners so your food came out hot. This time we sat on the bridge that over look the water, beautiful setting and very romantic. There was a live band playing that was quite entertaining and played good music. I highly recommend this restaurant when you visit Fort Myers Beach!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Location a bit tricky but well worth it. Great food, great service, great atmosphere overlooking the bay. We would have gone back for a 2nd visit but ran out of time. Fish taco's were very good. I also tried a couple of the mixed drinks, they were delicious.

1  Thank ithacamomof2