“Great snapper special”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Ft. Myers Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Description: Family-friendly waterfront dining with affordable pricing. Featuring fresh seafood daily and full bar with our famous Island Mojitos. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Sports Bar and Live Entertainment. Arrive by car or boat. Doc Ford’s Rum Bar and Grille may have originated on Sanibel Island, but be sure to check out this newest location on Fort Myers Beach!
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Great snapper special. Packed on a Friday night. Fun. Waterfront. But I won't sit at the first table from the band again. Loud

Write a ReviewReviews (3,794)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had great lunch at their Sanibel location and decided to try ft Myers location for dinner. They were packed but we called and asked to be on their call ahead seating list. if not others had 1 1/2 hour wait Before being seated. We had nice table with view of water and fishing boats. I had shrimp and grits, wife had grilled grouper and everything was excellent. Chef Gregg Nelson came by and visited. Great guy that is passionate about his food. This is a must try when visiting.

1  Thank TravelingBoomers1946
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The place was packed, but really no wait. Good service, food quality was good. Noise level was high. Service was adequate, but seemed to be covering too many tables. Will certainly return.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Pretty typical fish place. I like the spice theme and a very large menu selection. Cheap beer and the million dollar view. I would recommend this for anyone.

1  Thank Suggman
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Soooo pleasantly surprised. I was a little nervous and thought this was like the TGI Fridays of Rum Bars. We had lunch there and enjoyed "The Best" grouper sandwich of the trip ( and we ate a lot of grouper sandwich's). The local shrimp in the chef's sauce and shake( I think that is what they called it) was super yummy. I have to say we had a very disappointing week of eating out in the Fort Meyers/Sanibel/Captiva area. Doc Fords was affordable and delicious and #1 of our dining experience. I wish I could remember our waiters name who was pleasant, cordial and took the time to give us local pints of interest in the area.