“Relaxing paradise”

$21.20*
and up
Dolphin and Wildlife Cruise in Fort Myers Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Park is not associated with Bonita Springs Dog Beach. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, shelling, fishing, hiking, bicycling, wildlife watching, canoeing/kayaking, geocaching and more.
North Fort Myers, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relaxing paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Hidden near the busy Ft Myers Beach area is a beautiful beach and state park: Lovers Key State Park! Very picturesque and quiet with tram service from the parking lot. On the property you can also obtain food, rent kayaks, and use the facilities. This gem is worth the trip!

1 Thank anneocrn

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
California, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Shelling just as good as Sanibel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Loved Lovers Key. Got up one morning and drove there and took trolley to a beach site. The beach was great, shells were plentiful, and lots of birds. The staff was very friendly. Would go back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely day trip to Lovers Key”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We popped over to Lovers Key Park for a few hours just to see what we could see. Although we got a little turned around at first with which entrance to use (North if you just wanna walk in for a beach area, South if you wanna drive in with central access to everything) we did get settled and were able to check out the main beach and the Black Island Trail. There is some wonderfull shelling to be had between the boardwalk and the beach itself...mounds of them to sort through if you're so inclined. However on a hot day we would recommend taking the tram to the beach. Very convenient. And the pavilion is the perfect spot for a picnic lunch!

The Black Island Trail was a great little hike full of local plants and wildlife. We saw several butterflies and small lizards in the butterfly garden area and a mama alligator and her three babies in the 'pond'. Although bike rental is available we were very happy to have walked the trail instead...a lot of little details would have been missed otherwise.
We would definitely return to Lovers Key.

1 Thank Julie D
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful place!! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Me and my Significant other happened to randomly find this place after trying to find a place to park at Fort Myers Beach...We kept driving to see the sights and stumbled upon Lovers Key State Park.I must say what a great find.Its super quite and the sights are beautiful.We walked the trails looking for wildlife ..Did a walk on the beach walked all the way to the Gazebo where we ended up getting on the train back to where we started.We then decided to rent a paddle boat and it was such a hoot lol..We had such a good time even though we didn't get to see a manatee like we were hoping..I highly recommend this place to anyone.Its great for Family's and Couples or the person who just wants some piece and quite.I would definitely come back its worth the 8 bucks.

3 Thank Brittafly82
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best kayaking experience EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on a whim on one of our last days in Fla. We are experienced kayakers/canoers and I wouldn't necessarily recommend this place to first timers unless you are willing to be adventurous (they give you your vests, seats and paddles, direct you to the launch and you are on your own!). This is GREAT for us as we love the free spirit, self-responsibility gig. This place is in a great location- not two minutes off the launch and I practically ran over a manatee with my kayak without noticing him. We paddled with him for over ten minutes amazed at our luck. It was an hour's hard paddle out to open ocean (gorgeous) and we saw dolphins gallivanting around us right on our level (something you will never get in a boat). Such an amazing experience and a deal considering a dolphin watch would be easily triple what we paid to kayak. On our way back right before we shored a lone dolphin crested about two feet from me and we stayed in the launch area and actually played with him for a solid half hour. He would circle us, dive and then crest right next to us spraying us with water from his blowhole. I would tap on the water to call him up and he would oblige, flapping his tail at me and shaking my kayak with his wake. I have never had an experience like this before and doubtfully will ever have one like it again in my whole lifetime. If we ever find ourselves back near Lovers' Key we will be spending all day in the kayaks chasing the magic once again.

Visited March 2013