“Don't be fooled by the atmosphere, this place is horrible!”
Review of Bayfront Bistro

Bayfront Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Beach Trolley stop is on the road next to the entrance.
Description: Bayfront Bistro is located on beautiful Estero Bay in a pristine preserve area on Ft Myers Beach. 200 yards from the white sands on the Gulf of Mexico the restaurant shares this beautiful location with Snook Bight Yacht Club & Marina. Bayfront Bistro is a Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast Award winner and the wine selection has 400 bottles to choose from, with something to please every palate. Dine in air conditioned comfort in the spectacular dining room where every table has a perfect view of the Bay or outside on the dining deck. Our talented chefs have crafted menus that will delight your senses! Start your meal with our Asian Calamari or Caribbean Ceviche , try our famous Bistro Salad, and then continue with 8 oz Filet Mignon, Bayfront Butterfish or Black Grouper with Lobster Salad. And what meal would be complete without a selection of In-House made desserts such as Bourbon Chocolate Bread Pudding or Authentic Key Lime Pie? We look forward to seeing you!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't be fooled by the atmosphere, this place is horrible!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Let me start by saying that I have never reviewed a restaurant online before. I've decided to post this review because today I had the worst dining experience in a solid 20yrs. After a pleasant day on the beach, we decided to stop in for a mid-afternoon light lunch to hold us over before dinner and despite our modest intentions we were painfully disappointed. I ordered the clam chowder and ceviche and my girlfriend orderd the bisto salad without gargenzola cheese. The first thing to come out was the clam chowder and despite the bold claim that it would be "the best clam chowder ever", it tasted like something straight out of a can. Watered down, chewey clams, heavy salt. Terrible! Not deterrd, we waited patiently for the next course and out came the ceviche and salad. Even though we had repeatedly asked to not have the gargenzola cheese on the salad, guess what? The cheese was on it. Then the cevich came in a small bowl with 4 tortilla chips and no scallops, even though the menu claimed that they were the main ingredient. The ceviche was horrible and inedible...think fancy feast cat food! The waiter was either high as a kite or dumb. Either way he had no interest in addressing our concerns.

My recommendation is that you should only go to this place if you plan on having a liquid meal comprised of bottled beer because even these morons can't screw that up!

1 Thank PhantomDinerr
Sandra R, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
First, let me start by saying we are very sorry your lunch experience at Bayfront Bistro was not perfect. I wish that your first review written in 20+ years could have been exemplary for Bayfront Bistro. We got a few things wrong that day. If these issues were brought to management's attention we surely would have corrected them. All of our food is made fresh and we take offense that you would elude that we serve something "straight out of the can" or similar to Fancy Feast - although those cats have it pretty good don't you think? I have never personally tried Fancy Feast. We are sorry that we did not deliver the best experience at Bayfront Bistro but that does not give you the right to infer that one of our staff was either "high as a kite or dumb" - those comments are rude, hurtful and smell like bullying! If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me personally at bistrosowners@gmail.com

Ramsey, Minnesota
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I went here for the first time for our 18th wedding anniversary while we were vacationing in Fort Myers. The restaurant is located behind Publix on the bay mid-island. I would recommend coming early before dinner and having a couple of drinks at the bar especially before 6 for happy hour. We proceeded to our 6 p.m. dinner reservation upstairs and got outside seating. Very nice. They do offer a early bird dinner special before 5:30. 2 dinners and a bottle of wine for $41. There are about 4 items you can pick from if you do the early bird. Short ribs is on the list but no steaks, which what my wife really wanted. My wife ordered the 5 ounce filet milon and I got the short ribs and a $60 dollar bottle of Pinot Noir, 2011 King Estate from Oregon. I'm normally a beer drinker but I thougth I'd venture out a little bit on our anniversary. Very smooth and light. Our female server, I'm sorry I forgot her name, was very helpful and attentive. Yes, you more than likely spend $100 but it's fine dining and a nice change from the beach restaurants. Thank you Bayfront Bistro for a great romantic night!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank qwestcruiser
Sandra R, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
First, let me say Happy 18th Anniversary and thank you for choosing Bayfront Bistro as your first dining choice to share your special day. We are so glad Bayfront Bistro was able to give you a great romantic 18th Wedding Anniversary. We hope you will join us for many Anniversaries and other special occasions to come. Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Pennsylvania
“Great food with a nice view”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We really enjoyed dinner here. The food was presented nicely, the staff was very attentive and the views overlooking the water made it worth the visit. You should give it a try!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank PattyF58
Sandra R, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for recommending Bayfront Bistro. We are happy that you enjoyed your 5-star dining experience with us. We hope to see you soon. Thank you
“Romantic evening on the bay”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere and location. The ladies in the front where very sweet and helpful taking my reservation.
We arrived early to enjoy a drink at the bar. Very nice bar area and the decor was nautically cute. We went on a Friday night and they had a singer in the bar area. She was great. Had a wide variety of songs.
Food was amazing. The Red Fish special was delightful. The Chef made an amazing sauce with this dish. Great job! We will be back! Purchased a gift card for our parents to enjoy as well...it was that great.
Mary

4 Thank Eat2swim
Sandra R, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Mary - we are so happy that you had a great, 5-star experience at Bayfront Bistro. Thank you for your invaluable and complimentary feedback, and your patronage. We look forward to keeping you happy.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Timing is everything”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We made our reservations for this elegant resort restaurant on the afternoon of our dinner. There were 3 of us, and we had seen the sunset on the gulf at another great "catch" bistro. Our intent was a later reservation, knowing the activity of restaurants around sunset. So, we took an 8:30pm reservation on a Wednesday when the restaurant closes at 9:00pm.
We were seated quickly at a bay front window table, and while it was past sunset our view was not important to us, just quality food and service. Our server, Sarah, greeted us in a fine fashion and when we asked how she was doing she said "very good-no, I am 'swell' " ! This set the tone of our dinner, and we couldn't have been happier with our server. She was very forthcoming on our drink choices, made positive suggestions on our dinner choices, and we also ordered dessert.
Our food was served with great presentation, and excellent quality. All 3 entrees were delightful and as is customary for us, we like to share a taste with each other. No one had the better dish, each felt they had chosen a winner, at least that is what our taste buds were telling us! We did not arrive at the restaurant starving - we had a cocktail and hor d'oeuvres at our cottage as we celebrated the election of the new Pontiff for the Catholic Church.
While there are many reviews for the early bird special, there is a specialty of sorts being last as was our experience. Thus, timing is everything!

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank josullivan15
Sandra R, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your 5-star review of Bayfront Bistro. Sarah is great and we are lucky to have her at Bayfront Bistro. We are so glad you enjoyed you whole dining experience at Bayfront Bistro and we look forward to your return. Your feedback is invaluable to us and we really appreciate it.