“typically delightful”

Flippers on the Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Estero Blvd.
Transit: Fort Myers beach trolley stop located one hundred yards to the west of the restuarant.
Description: Flippers on the Bay is an outdoor dining venue located on the dolphin filled waterfront vistas of Estero Bay. Enjoy the dynamic creations of Chef Juan Cruz while experiencing picturesque sunsets.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It's upbeat without being manic. The service has always been pleasant, the food delightful, and the view is outstanding. I continually recommend it, and continually get thanked for doing so. There are some great house cocktails, and they are open for breakfast if you need lobster eggs benedict!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,996)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

LOVED our meal at Flippers! My husband and I went on 4th of July for lunch with our 2 young kids. We loved the dining area with the view of the bay. And we quickly discovered why it is named Flippers- we saw several dolphins during our meal, which amused my toddler.

My husband and I both ordered the "skinny Minny" specialty, low calorie drink that was basically a yummy, fresh margarita. It was so refreshing.

We ordered the Campechana as a starter. (A Spanish-style shrimp cocktail with seasoned shrimp, lump crab meat, avocado, red onion,cucumber, cilantro, jalapeño and clamato juice) It was like salsa on steroids because it was packed full of seafood and served with warm tortilla chips. We are still talking about how good this was. This alone will bring us back to dine here again.

I ordered the Lover's Key Wrap with salmon instead of chicken and my husband ordered the Blackened Mahi sandwich.

Service was great, food came quick. Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank TheTravelingCarters
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Family of five went here for my daughter's 21st birthday.....our second visit as locals. Atmosphere is very Floridan and casual. Service was friendly and perfected. When server knew it was a special occasion, made extra effort to empathize. All our meals were prepared perfectly from fresh fish, scallops, mussels to chicken! Drinks were wonderful as well. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it! Will definitely return and highly recommend!

2  Thank Jill Marie C
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Food was awesome! I had grouper and my husband the red snapper. We continue to talk about it today! We are locals and will definitely return. It was a bit slow getting our food, but everything was made to order. Be sure to get an appetizer! I would rate this a 5-star for food alone. Staff was very friendly. We had a torrential downpour in the middle of our meal. Staff quickly closed the protective blinds. It was quite fun, very casual!

1  Thank Janis S
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Food is fresh and delicious, attentive staff and wonderful cocktails. The view is amazing in this open air restaurant. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank glimpys