“Simply the BEST PLACE EVER!!!”
Review of Mango Street Inn

Mango Street Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed at MSI three times now and it gets harder and harder to leave this wonderful inn. I have never been to a place where the moment you unpack your bags, you are instantly relaxed and at home. The units are comfortable and cozy. I slept like a baby every night. There is nothing better than waking up and sitting in the courtyard and being served a delicious breakfast. Every day is something different! Dan and Tree are wonderful hosts. The courtyard has plenty of chairs to sit around and relax while listening to the fountain. It is a great location to the beach and restuarants. We are coming back in June and I am counting the days. For those who never book unless they read great reviews, I promise you will not be dissapointed. Great prices, great rooms, delicious meals, and wonderful hosts! You must book now!

Room Tip: Two options- one bedroom or two bedroom units. Full kitchens. Beach Chairs and Umbrellas.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jzamfino

Reviewed March 6, 2013

A friend of mine and I travel quite a bit. We were discussing on our way out of Fort Myers that this may have been the best place we've ever stayed. We found the Mango Street Inn on the Internet but wasn't sure about the amenities. It greatly exceeded our expectations on all fronts.The units are basically apartments, so we were able to cook and relax. Well-appointed and super clean accommodations. Lots of thoughtful touches to the property. Tree and Dan are incredible hosts - so friendly and welcoming, we instantly felt at home, even when arriving late. It was cooler weather when we were there, so it was great to come back and cozy up to the firepit with the other guests. The inn is located across the street from the beach, and there are many restaurants within walking/biking distance. Free bike rentals were a great touch - we loved biking on the beach. The owners are very eco-conscious, so it makes it easy for green travelers to travel responsibly (They also accommodated our vegetarian diet). Dan and Tree served gourmet breakfasts each morning. Just a wonderful establishment with WONDERFUL hosts. Can't say enough about the place!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank vagal_11
Reviewed February 26, 2013

A great place to stay in Fort Myers beach. Across the street from the beach, decent walk to restaurants (8-10 blocks). 6 seperate units around a beautiful garden court yard. Ours (#6) had 2 bedrooms, bath, living room and full kitchen. Breakfast is served either in your room, or in the courtyard. VERY good food. Amenities include beach chairs and bikes you can borrow. Be sure to plan a long stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patti C
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Tree and Dan are perfect hosts, that is clear. The layout may not be for everyone, six appartments facing the same deck and everyone gets together that way. We did not mind this at all and Tree's rules regarding silence at 10 pm are kept so even when two groups made dinner and ate it there, the noise calmed down soon enough. Nice to get Dan's unusal breakfast and as I said the hosts are perfect in any way. My wife got sick and I was helped finding medication. Book here if you can!

Room Tip: Makes no difference here, all appartments share location.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thedanishtravellers
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I had not visited Ft. Myers Beach area before. I found the Mango Street Inn via Bed and Breakfast dot com and was impressed by the reviews. I contacted Tree and Dan and booked our vacation with no problems. I am SO GLAD we did! The property was perfect and we had one of our best vacations ever. Tree and Dan took care of us from the time we arrived until we left. The property is beautiful, the room was clean and spacious, and the gourmet breakfast cooked by Dan every morning was fantastic. We dined in their beautiful courtyard and Tree/Dan gave us tips on what to do and see in the area. We had bicycles, beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, beach towels and more available for our use. Tree/Dan steered us to the best restaurants in town, the best site seeing, and golf. The beach across the street was beautiful, and the fact that we did not have to pack our own gear or rent a bike was huge! We ended each evening by sitting around a fire pit with a glass of wine in the courtyard and getting to know the owners and the other guests. We will not even think about looking for another place for our trip next year. The Mango Street Inn is THE place to stay at Ft Myers Beach. Mike/Sandy W.

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I immediately started to question myself after I had booked because I remembered the word "funky" from an earlier review or advertisement, and I don't consider myself a funky type of person. Rest assured I had no regrets after arriving. The rooms are individually decorated and reflect the creativity of Tree and Dan, the owner/innkeepers. Maybe funky, because no two rooms are alike but all of them are clean and well maintained.
Dan prepares breakfast for each guest which is served outdoors, under the pergola, on cloth covered tables, which makes for a special ambience to begin the day. On our last day, Tree brought breakfast to our room because the temperatures were a bit too cool for outdoor dining.
During our week's stay I discovered my love for a new activity: bicycling on the beach between 5 and 7 PM. Thanks to Dan who adjusts the bikes and keeps them in good working order. No extra charge.

1  Thank Barbara L
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I have stayed with Dan and Tree Andre at their beautiful Mango Street Inn for four years and we cannot imagine a January without them. From the creative, delicious gourmet breakfasts to evening conversations under the stars, each day is a delight. What sets this place apart is the culture of family and shared life together that Dan and Tree seamlessly shape by their love and grace. The accommodations are beautiful and comfortable, the daily beach walks are energizing and soul replenishing, and the long days of sun and relaxation make this a perfect spot for recovering from the stress of work and winter darkness. We cannot speak more fulsomely of how amazing this oasis is.

Room Tip: Take your pick, one or two bedrooms, all are tastefully decorated and wonderfully equipped. With a s...