“Island Getaway”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newark, Delaware
“Island Getaway”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We spent one week at the Mango Street Inn. From the time of our arrival, Dan and Tree welcomed us more like friends than first time guests. Our suite was beautifully decorated, as was the common area, which consisted of a huge deck, interspersed with small gardens and covered, in part, by a very nice pergola, under which we enjoyed wonderful breakfasts. After eating our dinners in local restaurants the first couple of nights, we decided to place food orders "to go" so as to enjoy our meals back at the Inn. The softly lit pergola and light background music, emanating from a stereo on the deck, provided the perfect ambiance for comfortable dining.

The Inn is located 1 block from the beach, 2 blocks from the nearest shopping area and a 10 to 15 minute walk from the town center. Night life is close, but not too close! Dan and Tree provided us with beach towels, chairs, umbrellas and bicycles.... in short, everything that you would have available at your own beach home. We had a really great time and can't wait to return.

Tom & Liz

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Felt like we were staying with old friends.....and now we have new friends! Spent 3 nights at the Inn with family for Thanksgiving. The owners provided the turkeys and the guests and friends of the owners all contributed to the meal, it was delightful. The accommodations are very comfortable and nicely decorated, very beachy! Beach is right accross the street, many restaurants and activity within walking distance. The breakfasts were excellent, something different every day....served outside on the patio, with an herb garden, wind chimes, water fountain and tropical foilage. All the beach supplies you need are available at the inn. We're going back next Thanksgiving and make it a holiday tradition.

Room Tip: There are 6 suites, all ground level opening to the shared patio. All seem equally nice, some large...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We had an absolutely wonderful time at the Mango Street Inn! I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone going to Ft Myers. It was in a great location - walking distance to the beach, the rooms were beautiful and very reasonably priced, and best of all, the owners were just as nice as could be. They were very helpful with recommending restaurants, things to do and places to go, and they let us borrow beach chairs, beach umbrellas, beach towels, etc., for free! The room we stayed at had 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a full kitchen and living room. It was very charming. The inn has a beautiful atrium with beautiful plants, flowers and a fountain, which is where they served breakfast every morning (included with the room rate). The food was phenomenal! Our flight out wasn't until 7pm, so the owners let us stay past checkout time, so we could go to the beach, come back and shower before going to the airport. I don't think I have ever had a better experience staying at a hotel anywhere. I would highly recommend the Mango St Inn!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Highland Mills, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The first time I went to the Mango Street Inn I knew this was the place for me. I had already stayed in various hotels on the beach, and not one of them offered me what they did. . It afforded me all the comforts of home. If I wanted to dine out there was a listing of no less than 25 places to eat, along with menus. It had a completely furnished kitchen if I desired to eat in.. They have no expensive dining room, bar, or room service. If I want to go to the beach, they offer chairs, umbrellas, coolers to bring drinks in, towels, blankets and even a wagon to put it in. ....at no extra charge like most hotels. Each room has its own set of chairs and table if you would like to sit outside. There is music playing outside at all times and you are free to put on what you like. The proprietors Dan and Tree Andre make you feel quite at home. When I leave, it's always with the expectation that I will be back. I have been back twice already.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Highland Mills, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I always preferred staying in Fort Myers Beach because I love the white sand beach, the town has good restaurants and bars,
and is a short drive to Sanibel/Captiva, Lover's Key, Bonita Springs and Naples. After staying at various accomodations in the area,
I determined that I would like to find a location that was within walking distance to Times Square but still
far enough away from the crowds and traffic. I was so pleased to find the Mango Street Inn!

This B&B is tucked away on a very quiet street away one block from the beach.
The Inn offers immaculately clean, tastefully decorated, affordable, comfortable rooms.
Each room has a fully equipped kitchen and living area to lounge out on the couch or comfortable chairs, watch TV, and
wireless internet access.

The Inn is pet friendly and children friendly. Evenwhen children or pets are around the rooms are very quiet.

Our host and hostess, Dan and Tree Andre, are very special people. Having owned and operated restaurants, they know how to
accomodate to people needs and really know how to cook! Breakfast is always a special treat! If you have special dietary needs,
the Andre's are very more than willing to accomodate you in any way they can. HINT: Get Dan to make you shrimp gumbo!
It is to die for!!!

When I am ready to go to the beach, Dan and Tree loaded up a large wagon with beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, rafts, tubes, and a
cooler at no charge. They provided us bicycles when we wanted to take a ride on the beach, pick up a few items at the market or
beat the traffic in Times Square.

The Andre's are very proud to be part of the Florida green lodging program.
They work very hard to maintain the Inn to a very high standard. They are also heavily involved in community matters.
It is obvious they care very much about the tourism trade and ecology of the area.

You can pay much more for much less at any of the other accomodations in Fort Myers or can you enjoy this affordable, accomodating and
lovely B&B. For me, The Mango Street Inn has become my home away from home!

Room Tip: Every room has anything you need. The only decision is how many beds you require.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank HowieM3
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We had the wedding of our dreams because of Tree and Dan. We wanted a simple beach wedding. Once our out of town family found out, they decided that they wanted to be here to share in our celebration. A simple beach wedding turned into a wedding and party for 30 people. Our out of town guests all stayed at the Mango Street Inn. At the Inn, they were all treated to their home away from home. Everyone was thrilled with our choice and raved about the incredible breakfast that they were served every morning. The Mango Street Inn is full of the charm and warmth that surprised our guests. They were treated to southern hospitality at its best!
Tree and Dan took away all of our stress in the planning of the ceremony and reception. We met with them and told them what we would like and left the details in their very talented hands. Tree spent many hours in preparing her ceremony personalized for us. With a painter’s sunset as our backdrop, a gentle breeze with the palm trees swaying above, white sugar sand between our toes and a beautiful heartfelt ceremony, our wedding was perfect.
Dan and Tree took care of everything from planning our menu to the wines that were served. Our guests enjoyed a scrumptious meal prepared by Dan. Everything was incredible. They pay attention to the small things that set them apart. All we had to do was show up and enjoy our party. The greatest compliment to them was said by one our guest, “When I get married I want a wedding just like yours.”
Thank you, Dan and Tree for our wedding of our dreams.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wigan
Reviewed July 19, 2011

On This trip to Florida we decided to expolore a little bit further and we found a little gem hidden away in Mango Street Inn.
We only Stayed 1 night but could have stayed here for weeks!!!!
Our hosts were fantastic as we sat around sharing wine and chatting away the evening.
The rooms were spacious well presented and very clean.
Breakfast was fantastic, tasty, fulfilling and worlds apart from the churned out food of everywhere else served out on the decking in the morning sunshine.
Dan spent time with my 11 yr old son playing games and entertaining him with parlour tricks.

This is a must stay place if your ever in Fort Myers and I will return someday.

Any Questions or you wish to see more pictures please just ask.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family