“Great Atmosphere, Tasty Food, Reasonable Pricing”

Yucatan Beach Stand Bar
Cuisines: Southwestern, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Great Atmosphere, Tasty Food, Reasonable Pricing”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We have been down to Yucatan Beach Stand Bar and Grille several times this year and have not had a bad experience yet. I always have the homemade soups and for a sandwich they have the BEST buffalo chicken sandwiches. We go for early bird dinners and are always happy with the value, taste, portions and sides. Good comparative prices. Great sound system, love the LED lights around the bar that are timed to the music. Good key lime pie. Captain's chairs are fun to sit in at the bar and the booths are like little boats you get tucked into. The high tables around the perimeter afford a view of the passers by and the night action. I like the music selection. 70's and 80's with a bit of the surrounding decades mixed in. PLUS the younger crowd, the late 20's - 40's hang here. You can find nice people having a good time at 10PM on a Saturday here.

Ft Myers, FL
“Will never, ever go back”
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Gross, gross, gross is all I can say. We went there with friends last night and had a short, course, curly hair on our appetizer plate! When we brought it to the attention of the server, she took the plate and came back from the kitchen to let us know she investigated and that it seemed to be an arm hair. (Really did not want any detail as we were trying desperately to forget about the disgusting hair) Some how, some way, my friends and I convinced my husband to stay and finish our meal. I ordered a frozen margarita and when it was brought to the table there was a long, dark hair wedged under the lime garnish on the rim. Half of the hair was in my margarita and half was stuck to the outside of the glass.....REALLY????? Okay, at this point my friend called the server over to point out the second mystery hair of the evening. The server took the margarita, removed the lime and the hair and poured the SAME margarita into a new glass. When she brought it to me I told her I did not want it and that we were never coming back. She disappeared for a few minutes then came back to let us know our entire bill would be compensated in hopes we would come back to give them another chance. (not even a chance) We were getting ready to leave when she came back to the table to tell us that she is going to have to charge us for our food, but would not charge for our drinks! Disgusted, we paid our bill. On the way out I asked for a manager to explain how horrible our experience was, you would think he would want to know why LOCALS will not come to his restaurant....poor tourists, they don't know any better. Well, he was very defensive, did not apologize once and even went so far as to accuse me of sabotaging my own drink! DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!!!!!! Unless, of course, you like hairy food and drinks.

stevied3701, manager at Yucatan Beach Stand Bar, responded to this review, May 20, 2009
Dear local,

Your experience at our restaurant is truly regrettable. As diligent as we are about food safety, Incidents like yours can happen in any restaurant. The fact that it happened to you twice during your visit is a situation I have never had to address before. We have taken this very seriously and have made policy changes to prevent this from possibly occurring again. As for the way our staff and I handled your complaint, I am sorry.
Pennsylvania
“Atmosphere here is GREAT”
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We ate several times at the Yucatan Beach Stand Bar and had some excellent meals and then some were questionable.

For appetizers we had Caribbean Wings, which were very good in taste but I think the wings were dipped in flour before frying. Not one of our favorite ways to have wings but they were pretty decent. We also had the Coastal Calamari but were disappointed to see they were in a heavy crunchy breading even though the menu says lightly dusted.

The Trio Platter was very good ~ I had mine blackened and would definitely order it again. Hubby had the St Louis Style Ribs and he said they were pretty decent and would order them again.

Another night we there again and had burgers......very disappointed in the quality of those. They were preformed and were similar to the boxed frozen kind we can buy at the store. I was totally turned off.

The steaks are nothing to brag about but it seems they sell a lot of them. I would recommend this place but not if you are looking for a grand meal. The atmosphere is key here.

Indiana
“What a time we had at the Yucatan...............................”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We were there on Wednesday night and waited about 20 min. to be seated. After we were seated and ordered our dinner our children ages 6, 8 and 10 were a little restless, thats when a man named Frank came to our table. He told us he was the Yucatan House Magician. He saved the night! The kids would not let him go. He did some very entertaining tricks and we thoroughly enjoyed him and experience. Its nice to see that a restaurant cares about family and not just the drinking crowd. We will pass the word along to our friends and we will be back. Thank you.

Indianapolis
“Great location, fun atmosphere, good bar food”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Not the place for eating good fish and upscale food. Good bar food and great atmosphere. the wait staff is sort of "cheap" looking and not that great. Known for their very cold beer.