“Great Food and Coldest Beer”

Yucatan Beach Stand Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Mt Prospect
“Great Food and Coldest Beer”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

They have the best nachos and coldest beer in town. Everything I've ordered was very tasty except the escargot has a little bit too much butter for me. Great entertainment in the evening and great staff.

Visited September 2012

Detroit, Michigan
“Great atmosphere, great drinks, decent food.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I love the atmosphere of the Yucatan. The decor is very original and feels like it should be sitting right on the beach rather than in town. The specialty drinks, such as the Yucatan punch, are fantastic. They have live music, which was good on the nights we were there, although a bit loud if you happen to be sitting near the "stage" area. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was not fantastic but certainly tasty and above average. The nacho appetizer is a good example of how the food could have been better. While the nacho chips and veggie toppings were good, the whole thing was swimming in the kind of cheese "sauce" you get at a stadium. In a restaurant and for the price paid, a generous topping of real cheese melted in the broiler would have been expected and appreciated.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Yucatan is right around the corner from my hotel, so it was naturally the first place I tried for breakfast. I walked in and was only one of 2 people there. AJ my server took my drink order immediately, and he was super nice. I was by myself, so he made me feel really comfortable. I ordered the breakfast burrito with chorizo that came with a side of home fries. If you love chorizo, then you should definitely try this! Soooo delicious. The bar itself has a really cool vibe, and I'll have to check it out for happy hour. Again, AJ was awesome!

“Ok food, better music.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Went to Yucatan on a Thursday night for dinner with my husband and 3 kids. Got right in, no waiting. Free parking at the restaurant. We had: calamari, clam dinners, ribs and a seafood pasta with scallops. The calamari was ok. Pretty standard. Same as what u get in Nebraska. Clams were tiny little nubs of mostly batter. The pasta was good as were the ribs and onion rings. Fruity punch drinks cost $7-9 each. There was live music playing which was enjoyable. We may have been the closest table to the musician so it was somewhat loud but he was quite good. All in all, just an average dining experience.

Chicago, Illinois
“A must stop”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After a disastrous stop at SOB we lande here and enjoyed good food, great service and a nice breezy atmosphere. It was during the afternoon so I can't comment on evening service. I would consider it a great lunch stop.