“Wonderful food and service”

Yucatan Beach Stand Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This is a really neat place. The food was awesome. We read the reviews and thought we'd give it a try. It really is as good as everyone says. Our waiter's name was Paul. He was absolutely awesome. He gave us a lot of great information about the area and was so friendly to us. We felt like we were his only table even though the place was incredibly busy. He was really one of the best waiters I have ever had. He recommended dishes that were great. I had the Pompano fish which was delish. Neat atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,852)

Reviewed May 6, 2011

I was at your resturaunt a few Saturday nights ago and it was nice to see my favorite young bar tenders Josh and Kara behind the bar again! My friends and I frequent and welcome them back! I manage a business nearby and always enjoy referring my customers to the Yucatan for the best bar service on the beach--especially during season when our "snow birds" are looking for a a great place to go--both unique and a good time. We love when there are special tasting events with new liquors that you offer and fun give aways. It's a nice way to unwine after work. I highly recommend it. Your staff is great and crowd is friendly. It is a fun place to meet new people =]

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We are regular visitors to Fort Myers Beach and regularly visit this restaurant as we like the atmosphere etc. We read that on certain days they have a magician but until now we had always missed him. On this trip we visited twice and on the second time planned to ensure we got to see Frank. Unfortunately we were a bit delayed and didn’t get to sit down at our table until it was almost time for him to go. We asked our waitress if she could see if he had time to come over as our seven year old daughter was very keen to see him. He came over almost straight away and carried out a few tricks that she loved.

He then said he had to go as he had promised another table that he would see them but that he would come back. He did about 15 minutes later and perfumed more tricks for the children and us adults. We really enjoyed Franks tricks which made for a great evening and we told him we would be back to see him later in the year.

Oh, I almost forget, the food is pretty good as well.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

This place is in a great spot for shopping, the beach and parking.
The staff was very friendly. the food is great, large portions. the beer was very cold 27 degrees on a warm 93 hot day. I will go back again.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

We happened upon Yucatan Bar while celebrating a bachlorette party. We ended up experiencing some of the best wait service I have ever had! Karen was a wonderful help! She even brought us the t-shirt she was wearing that we loved! She even bought our bride to be, Jessica, a shirt! Thanks, Karen! Great music, drinks, and atmosphere!