We really enjoyed this place -- situated right on the beach. Sparkling clean pool and live music in the afternoons. Beach is gorgeous with fine white sand and lots of water birds and shells at low tide.
Quite busy so book ahead. We showed up unannounced in mid - November on a Sunday and were lucky enough to get a room quite close to the beach (room 328, I think). Nice view when sitting out on the walkway (not a private balcony, but that's Ok, it works the same). The staff here are very pleasant.
They don't supply glasses in the room -- just plastic coffee mugs -- maybe to avoid getting any glassware near the pool. So, if you like to sip your single malt out of a glass, bring your own .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise is yours to discover here at The Outrigger Beach Resort! Located in picturesque Fort Myers Beach, our family-friendly hotel greets you with outstanding service and a vibrant Polynesian flair. Enjoy comfort, value, and good old-fashioned fun throughout the resort, from the 144 guest rooms to the two on-site restaurants and beachside Tiki Bar, which features live music daily. With the beach right on our doorstep, you and your family have plenty of fun things to do, like collecting seashells, sunbathing, water sports, or even watching pods of dolphins frolic in the warm Gulf waters! We also offer easy access to all the terrific activities and attractions of nearby Fort Myers, Naples, and Sanibel and Captiva Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Outrigger Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Outrigger Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Outrigger