“Awesome place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My parents went to the Outrigger for 18 years and always raved about it, so my husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary there this October. Upon arriving to our room there were flowers and a bottle of champagne waiting for us (how awesome was that). The view out our balcony doors took our breath away. The beach is gorgeous with white sand. We ate at the Deckside café several times and the cheeseburgers are heavenly. We aren't needy people with having to have our room cleaned every day, but housekeeping called every single day to see if we needed anything (how attentive is that). The Outrigger is in a perfect location, at the south end of the island where it is quieter but so close to everything you want to do. The staff from check in to check out were so friendly and helpful. We loved the older gentlemen (sorry cant remember his name) who worked in guest services. We had the best time and I am already looking to book next October for our 26th anniversary. You can't go wrong with this hotel. A friend who I told that I wanted to go back next year asked, "Don't you want to try one of the other hotels?" I replied, " NO WAY!! Outrigger was perfect so why would we want to go anywhere else."

Room Tip: The beach front room was awesome with a private balcony with a view that takes your breath away.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice Hotel with modest style. Perfectly located at Fort Myers Beach. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are in a certain beach house / caribean style. Free wifi and free parking are included in the very interessting price. Chatley's Boat House with the best steaks in town ist just actoss the road.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catarina_de_Medici
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We spent two days here recently on a mini-vacation. Our room was very pleasant and clean with a view of the gulf. Everyone was very pleasant and eager to please from check in to check out. At breakfast in the Deckside Cafe, our waitress Debi was quick to accommodate our special request at no additional charge. Much appreciated!

We enjoyed the tradition of the conch shell being blown at sunset and experienced one of the loveliest sunsets we've seen.

Room Tip: Third floor facing the Gulf was very pleasant.
2 Thank dlamach
Stevensville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just got back yesterday from my vacation at the Outrigger - the greatest thing was I never had to leave the hotel. The service from all the staff from check-in, housekeeping, restaurant workers and the bartenders was excellent. The hotel is very well maintained and the beach is beautiful and relaxing - I highly recommend the Outrigger for couples, singles and families as well, all are made to feel at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sheila W
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at the Outrigger for a week in September 2013. It was a very pleasant visit. The resort is right on the beach, which was very clean and beautiful. The hotel rooms are clean and pretty basic, but served my purposes well. I wasn't there to sit in the room all day! The housekeeping staff was great and I felt the room was very clean. Every member of the staff I came in contact with could not have been nicer or more attentive. The free parking on site was terrific and I never parked very far from my room. The evening entertainment at the Tiki bar was very good. I was able to open a window and hear the music which was great on those nights I just wanted to relax and read. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to be right on the beach, close to shops and restaurants yet not right in the middle of all the noise. A great time!

Room Tip: next time I would probably upgrade to a room facing the beach. As I was alone and there looking for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my 4th time staying at the Outrigger they gave me an OK room looking to the back of the building far from everything they had some rooms open at the front but I had to pay to upgrade they took for granted that it was my 4th time there, to me thats not a way to treat your returning customers. I also called earlier to get Champagne brought to the room for my husbands bday as a surprise when get get there abt 11.30pm at night they guy at the front desk who checked us in mention something to my husband about been pleasantly surprised when getting to the room.... I was so upset and angry that he ruin the surprise for my husband!! then the keys to the room didnt work and our room was far! so there I go again walking to the reception to get the keys to work. Overall is a nice place to stay just dont expect much surprises I guess they will ruin it for you.

2 Thank flacaleigh
JLBIGOS, General Manager at Outrigger Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We love celebrations and offer a champagne welcome for birthdays and anniversary celebrations. Complimentary of course. After speaking with our resort specialist that reserved this champagne, she had forgotten to note in the reservation comments that this was a 'surprise' for the birthday boy. We all feel badly that we ruined the surprise.
Southport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great little place. Ok, a bit motel style with outside corridors etc but good sized rooms with comfortable beds, free fridge and safe, coffee maker, flat screen TV etc, smallish bathroom but fine for a couple of nights. Right on the huge beach with beds and cabanas available at a price, but also chairs and picnic tables nearby, nice little pool with sunbeds and umbrellas, little bar on edge of beach with entertainment and wide decking with loads of tables and chairs, obviously popular with locals which is always a good sign. Boathouse grill across the road is part of the hotel and offers decent menu but we chose from deckside cafe and took food back to room though can eat in or out at cafe. Again, good choice of menu, reasonably priced, hot, quick and very tasty, served by the friendliest staff. Free parking, great location, decent rooms, good price and lovely people mean this will probably be busy in season (we were late September) and it deserves to be!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple