Room 164 right by the pool and steps to the sand. Sep 7-11. Two adults and a two year old. Room has a kitchenette, refrigerator, microwave and two small beds. Beds aren't the most ideal with a child. Or for a couple for that matter but we got by. Spacious enough room though. Property is kept clean through the day by grounds crew.
The Tiki Bar located on property by the pool is nice with music 5-8 during the week and 2-5 on weekends. A little more reggae or type of music would have been nice but it was fun still for sure and the musicians were nice and entertaining. Phil, Jim & Patty at the Tiki were super friendly and did a great job even when they got a little busy. Hi Guys! Thanks for a good time. Only downside which I don't understand is whoever is doing the ordering needs to get some Captain Morgan in for goodness sake! You have a Captain sign up at your bar and no Captain?? So, F&B Don't penny pinch on items guests ask for please.
There's a little bit of a walk to get to the water but its not that far. The water is warm and inviting. You can rent a cabana but bringing your own chair you can sit at waters edge. Grab a few towels from the nice people running the guest services shop right at sands edge.
There is a little cafe on premise which works for a bite but you'll probably want to head out for a dining experience. They are nice and helpful there though and you can order something and have it brought to you while you relax on the nice expansive deck with ample seating.
Always expect some rain but it passes.
If we get a chance to get back to Fort Myers Beach we would definitely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise is yours to discover here at The Outrigger Beach Resort! Located in picturesque Fort Myers Beach, our family-friendly hotel greets you with outstanding service and a vibrant Polynesian flair. Enjoy comfort, value, and good old-fashioned fun throughout the resort, from the 144 guest rooms to the two on-site restaurants and beachside Tiki Bar, which features live music daily. With the beach right on our doorstep, you and your family have plenty of fun things to do, like collecting seashells, sunbathing, water sports, or even watching pods of dolphins frolic in the warm Gulf waters! We also offer easy access to all the terrific activities and attractions of nearby Fort Myers, Naples, and Sanibel and Captiva Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Outrigger Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Outrigger Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Outrigger