We arrived at noon on a Monday and was able to check in early! Standard room was large except bathroom, almost had to stand in shower to shut door. We had 2 beds, with a small table and 2 chairs.
Our view was of the back parking lot, bbq area and hallway to the beach view rooms but that was ok cause we only stayed in our room to sleep. We didn't notice the noise from the A/C or from the hallway & other rooms.
The beach was well maintained, raked every morning, sugar white and as fine as flour. There were some chairs to sit on the beach near the sundeck & Tiki bar. Cabanas could be rented near the gulf. We did notice that some of the Europeon guests thought it was a topless beach. The sunsets were spectacular and there were lots of shells to see when the tide went out. We also saw many dolphins swimming close to the shore.
Our stay was at the end of spring break so there were a few young children but all were all well behaved in the pool area as many of the older guests used the pool every afternoon. There was live music at the Tiki Bar every evening from 5-8 which could be enjoyed from the sundeck, pool area or on the beach. An added bonus was right down the beach was the Women's Sand Sculpting Championships. We also had beautiful weather, 85-90* everyday.
The trolley stopped right in front of the resort which was the best way to travel to "Time's Square" as parking was limited & costly downtown and at times with only a 2 lane road it could take a lot of time to travel a short distance. The trolley was 50 cents a trip or $1.50 for an all day pass and it came by about every 20-30minutes.
There was a breakfast buffet for $8.99 at the Deckside Cafe which had several choices but some of the hot items were "cool" right after they were replenished but that could have been because they were busy & trying to keep up.
All of the staff from the front desk to housekeeping & groundskeepers were very courteous and professional.
Only suggestion would be that they have "Flag Warnings" for the waters, we, as well as families with younger children, spent one afternoon swimming in the waves in the gulf, to find out there was a strong riptide warning after we returned to our room. Always check the weather before going in the water. I know the hotel beaches in Pensacola post different colored flags as a warning for their guests.
Would highly recommend the Outrigger, we are already planning a return visit next spring with friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise is yours to discover here at The Outrigger Beach Resort! Located in picturesque Fort Myers Beach, our family-friendly hotel greets you with outstanding service and a vibrant Polynesian flair. Enjoy comfort, value, and good old-fashioned fun throughout the resort, from the 144 guest rooms to the two on-site restaurants and beachside Tiki Bar, which features live music daily. With the beach right on our doorstep, you and your family have plenty of fun things to do, like collecting seashells, sunbathing, water sports, or even watching pods of dolphins frolic in the warm Gulf waters! We also offer easy access to all the terrific activities and attractions of nearby Fort Myers, Naples, and Sanibel and Captiva Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Outrigger Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Outrigger Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Outrigger