“Our favorite seafood place !!!”
Review of Oyster Shell - CLOSED

Oyster Shell
Cuisines: Seafood
florida
“Our favorite seafood place !!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

My wife and I have been full-time residents in Fort Myers for 7 years
and only recently have we been steered to The Oyster Shell.
All I can say is it's the best kept secret in Lee County.
The food is absolutely delicious and with good portions.
It's down home just the way we like it.
Needless to say, we shall be returning on a most frequent basis.
I wonder if the snowbirds know about this place ??
I know most locals do.

Gene and Lorraine....Fort Myers, Fl.

5 Thank FloridaSeafoodlover

Englewood, Florida
“Locals know this gem”
Reviewed January 24, 2008

One of the tour gudes at the Edison Winter Home in Ft. Myers gave us this recommendation when we asked for a casual local place to have a simple meal of local seafood. What a treat!

We arrived for an early dinner because we had a flight back to Chicago at 8 p.m. on a Wednesday. The restaurant is tucked in to a gem of a shopping "mall". You would never know that, behind the busy roadways, this tiny but very upscale center would exist.

There are several very nice looking restaurants in the center, but we went with the one that a rep from the Edison Home recommended. It is the Oyster Shell. The menu was straight forward, the physical aspect of the restaurant was comfortable and clean (but the women's bathroom had flickering lights, akin to those at a haunted house).

My husband and I easily selected our dinners. He had a grouper sandwich, and substituted the fries with their excellent hush puppies. We shared a cup of seafood chowder (New England style) and I had a fried oyster sandwich. It came with home cut skin-on fries, which were excellent, and also a very tasty coleslaw which I think was home-made. Everything was so very fresh.

There were larger meals on the menu, as well as other soups and salads that all sounded great. They also had some daily specials, including stone crab, catfish, and other tasty sounding things. We found just what we wanted.

Desserts were offered (key lime pie, pecan pie, and something else), but we were full enough, considering we had to fly home to Chicago in only a couple of hours. Tonight, I would love a piece of that key-lime pie but now it is too late.

If you are in the Ft. Myers area, you should make every effort to go here for a lunch or dinner. What a bargain for a high quality meal!

Our meals with a 20% tip and one hot tea (my husband drank water) was only $28.00!

7 Thank rward2121