We stayed at this Days Inn from Feb 14 to 16 for 3 nights. We used this location as a base to explore neighboring wildlife refuges and other birding spots; therefore, all we are looking for is a clean room to sleep in. This hotel has satisfied our basic needs.
The check-in process is speedy. Front desk staff is always very prompt, friendly and helpful. There is a guest laundy facility for $1.50 per load. The vending machine only charges $1.25 per 20Oz bottle, cheaper than most of the convenient store/pharmacies.
Continental breakfast is a little dispointing; it offered very limited items (fewer than most of Days Inn I stayed elsewhere).
Room is somewhat clean. You need to turn on the A/C to let the air circulated for a few minutes when you first step into the room (this applies to all the motels I stayed so it's not a big deal).
Shower is interesting and challenging. Just like the previous review, the shower from room temperature to super hot and back and forth. My husband called it "Schizophrenic Shower" and I think it is very appropiate. (LOL)
Although we don't drink, we were offered 2 free drinks at the Tiki Bar, I think this is a good gesture from the hotel management.
Our room is facing Rt. 41 and it is a bit noisy. But we all slept very well after a full day of hiking and birding; it didn't bother us much.
Overall, this hotel is an average Days Inn with reasonable price. Although, the management should really fix the shower problem to avoid unnecessary buring accident!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to International Airport, Florida Gulf Coast University and Coconut Point Outlet For your tropical Florida getaway, come to Days Inn Fort Myers Springs Resort hotel, near Germain Arena. Located on Highway 41, our Fort Myers, Florida, hotel offers a resort experience minutes from MLB spring training facilities. Each morning, enjoy a free Daybreak continental breakfast. We offer free Wi-Fi Internet access so you can catch up on email from your hotel room. Explore our grounds where you might see otter, alligator, turtle and other native Florida wildlife. We offer two mineral soaking pools plus a tropical swimming pool and spacious sun deck and our Tiki Bar serves up tropical beverages under a cooling mist fan. Ample free parking is available for your car or oversized vehicle and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS Many exciting attractions are within your reach at our Fort Myers, Florida, hotel. Catch an amazing live show at Germain Arena, where the best in rock, pop and country come to perform live. If you love shopping, head to Miromar Outlets or Coconut Point, where you can find great deals on the biggest brands. Florida Gulf Coast University is minutes from our hotel, so book your hotel room here and be sure to make your on-campus meeting with time to spare. If you are a baseball fan, catch Boston Redsox spring training at Jet Blue Arena, a replica of world-famous Fenway Park or see the Minnesota Twins practice at Target Field. DINING OPTIONS When you get hungry, stop by our on-site restaurant, serving American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gigi's serves up pizza, angus burgers and more, just steps from our Fort Myers, Florida, hotel. Enjoy live entertainment and cold drinks at our onsite Tiki Bar, or head to one of the many nearby fast-food options for a quick bite. BUSINESS AND EVENT FACILITIES A business center with high-speed Internet access is available for guests at our hotel in Fort Myers, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Days Inn Fort Myers Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Fort Myers Hotel Fort Myers
- Best Western Fort Myers
- Best Western Springs Hotel
- Fort Myers Best Western