“Great place to stay. Ignore the negative reviews!”

Comfort Inn Fort Myers
Ranked #39 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at this location and were very pleased. The hotel was very clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. The only (small) complaint would be the limited breakfast selection but that complaint is minimal. We still had a filling breakfast so no real complaints. Clean room. NO CHEMICAL SMELL like in other reviews. Would stay here again if I needed a place to stay in this area.

Stayed: July 2014
ubiely r, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Robyn S,

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling thru and have friends in the area and stayed a couple nights. The truck parking is a dirt lot behind the hotel. The room was average, micro/fridge/easy chair. Breakfast decent with biscuits and gravy, eggs, and the usual stuff. Staff was friendly. They do not accept pets. Room key wouldn't work on end door. Small outside pool. Worked in a pinch.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
ubiely r, Manager at Comfort Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The upgrades to this Comfort Inn were readily apparent. The design was clean, the beddings worthy of Hotel Impossible's approval and the lamps were the new type with plugs for charging our devices. The downsides were that the air conditioner was noisy at night (but absolutely needed due to the heat) and that the towels had a peculiar smell .. almost like Scotch Whiskey. They were certainly clean so it must have been the detergent that was used. I found it very offensive and as far from the clean laundry smell as I have ever experienced. The staff was very nice but the breakfast, I'm sorry to say, was the worst I have ever had at a hotel. Fortunately, there was a restaurant within walking distance where we ate all but one of the mornings. I would stay there again but only for convenience as it is close to family.

Room Tip: Unless their breakfast improves, plan on adding the cost of a restaurant breakfast to your overnight...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ubiely r, Manager at Comfort Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to let you know, that according with your feedback, that comment is not applicable to our hotel: Comfort Inn FL 075- Fort Myers ,Florida . We recently replace all furniture, fixtures, carpet and floors, and all items mentioned before have been approved by choice hotels. We are sorry if you have that bad experience during your recent stay, but I can assure you that was not in this property.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The front desk staff was poorly trained. They gave inaccurate information at check-in and seemed to know very little. The pool was nice, clean and tidy. The breakfast was a little less than we had hoped for. A little more variety would have been nice. But was clean and well maintained throughout the morning. Access to I 75 was very easy and being across from Cracker Barrel was a plus. The interior seemed old (the doors were void of finish and the were patched holes in the bathroom door.

Room Tip: suites were nicer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
ubiely r, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We booked one night at the Comfort Inn, after a week's vacation in Sanibel Island. It was 10 minutes to the airport and had a shuttle. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and comfortable the king-sized bed was. We even had a choice of pillows (soft or firm). The price was extremely reasonable and the breakfast was quite good and the shuttle was right on time.

My only complaint was that the pool was indoors. I had hoped to spend my last day in Florida sitting in the warmth of the sun by the pool before returning to "the frozen north".

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Staff is Poorly Trained if at all. Stayed here 3 days only 5 or 6 other Guest staying here at a busy time of Year..On our final Night , we were sound asleep at 2:30 am when are room phone began to ring and ring and ring until we woke up and answered it, when my wife finally picked it up the young lady at the front desk informed my Wife that we were making to much noise and must be quiet or leave, my wife than informed this person that we were not making any noise and that she should go investigate the noise for herself before waking up people who are sleeping and accusing them of things and let her know this wasn't fair. I than got up and went into the hall were I met the lady who called me and asked her about calling us she explained that another guest called and complained about noise, we than heard a lady in another room laughing. It wasn't really that loud and she probably didn't realize it could be heard outside of her room. I than informed the front desk lady that I wasn't happy that she woke me and my wife up at that time of the morning because she was to lazy to walk 25 feet to check for herself. Needless to say we couldn't fall back to sleep until around 6am and had to wake at 7 am to prepare for our flight home. When I woke I talk to a manager who turned out to be the owner and she wasn't any help at all. And after speaking with her realize why it was so poorly run.This was by far the worst night we have ever spent at any Hotel.. The wifi also was very bad had to stand in the hall to get any kind of signal and even than it of very poor and slow..

Room Tip: The owner doesn't have and kind of Customer Relations policies and frankly doesn't seem to c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Ron J
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent four days at this Inn while we were searching for a rental property for Jan and Feb. The room was clean and always made up on our return from sight seeing/property hunting. Price included breakfast with the usual fare and the breakfast area was kept clean and was quickly restocked with food and other items. Good value for the money spent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family