Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Myers Cape Coral
Ranked #20 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Orlando, FL
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place was conveniently located off the highway. I drove into town late, but received no issues with my check-in. If you do check-in off hours, just know you will be waiting in the main entrance until the night shift attendant notices. After check-in is complete you will be buzzed into the hotel lobby. We took the elevator up, and I couldn't help but giggle when I heard the elevator bell tone. It's noticeable that the hotel is dated, but it really does have an old school charm. The room was most importantly clean, spacious, and had all the other typical hotel room amenities. The noise level was at a minimum, which was greatly appreciated after a tiresome day of driving. Originally, I chose this hotel based on it's proximity from the highway, but I was also pleased to find out the next morning that it was close to the slough that I wanted to visit. Breakfast was decent, ranging from Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches to fresh cut fruit.

I wanted to note that the morning front desk associate was very nice and accommodating. I asked for a late check out, and the associate asked me what time I wanted to check out. Usually, hotels would just slap another hour on my specified check out time, but for me to be given an option was a definite added plus! Honestly, this place was such a great bargain at the rate I was charge. I rated this excellent because my room was clean, service was efficient, and the employees were friendly. Good luck with your stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your thoughtful comments about our hotel.

Since your stay, we have added some new items to our breakfast. The breakfast sandwiches have been replaced by hot scrambled eggs and sausage. Our guests are liking these changes.

There are some renovations planned for later in the year (not sure this will include the elevator bell : ) .

And we're glad we could accommodate your late checkout requests. We want to deliver the service that will make you want to return! Hopefully you will be able to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Efland, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Fort Myers is a very nice hotel with friendly staff. The hotel itself is pretty small, but the rooms are spacious. The hotel is clean and well lit. There is a social hour a couple days a week in the breakfast area, including beer, wine, soda, and light snacks. The hotel is in a great location; within three minutes of many shopping and dining options. There is also a movie theater caddy-corner to the hotel, so there is some entertainment in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Fort Myers area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and we appreciate all your positive comments. As an update, we have suspended the social hour during off-season. But our staff remains committed to providing clean, comfortable accommodations. And we think we have one of the best locations in all of Ft. Myers. Hopefully you will visit us again soon!
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel. The staff was great and breakfast was delicious. The location is great. Barnes and noble, world market, and target are across the street and great restaurants all around. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for posting about your experience at our hotel. The restaurants and shopping opportunities seem to be one of the main reasons customers book with us, and many have said they come back because of our friendly staff. Glad you also enjoyed our hot breakfast! We hope you will be able to return soon.
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Fairfield Inn provided a pleasant, comfortable stay.

Check-in and check-out were both handled pleasantly and efficiently. Room was a bit small but comfortably furnished. Ample pillows ... comfortable bed ... spotlessly clean bathroom. Room was just off the lobby on the first floor, which made it a bit noisy in the earlier hours of the morning when other guests were headed to the lobby for the breakfast or to check out. (Some guests don't apparently realize that others may still be sleeping when they are awake, and hold loud conversations in the hallway...)

I did not eat the breakfast but observed that there was a variety of breakfast items (hot and cold) available, and the breakfast area itself was clean and well stocked.

Ample parking is available. Location is just off of US41 (Tamiami Trail) just south of Daniels Parkway. The airport is about 12-15 minutes away by car.

Overall, I was satisfied with the stay, but there are a couple of observations to note:

* I arrived after midnight, and found the entryway to the hotel to be very reminiscent of arriving at a Motel 6 - complete with a night window. This, to me, doesn't fit the Marriott brand and lowers my perception of the hotel. I did not have to use the night window, as I was buzzed into the lobby, but its existence doesn't convey a level of quality that I would think Marriott would want with the brand.

* The towels in the bathroom were cheap - more reminiscent of larger version of Motel 6's non-absorbent towels than the fluffier, thirsty ones that are found at virtually all other Marriott brand properties. Not sure why Fairfield Inn would do it - I sometimes get the impression that Fairfield Inn, while being a nice, comfortable brand, doesn't quite fit in logically with Marriott's family of brands - kind of like the brand that is trying to find a niche. They could do well to take a cue from Hampton Inn, which, I believe is of similar position in the marketplace and does have an identity for the brand.

* There was a nice work desk with ample room and a comfortable chair - but the only electrical outlet was on the wall near the floor - and there was only one socket available, as the other was being used by the desk lamp. A simple investment in a power strip or mounting outlets more conveniently would be a nice touch for technology-connected travelers such as myself. I plugged my computer into that socket but then had to find another place to plug in my phone. Not a big deal - just another little thing that makes me wonder what kind of identity Fairfield Inn has.

Overall, this is a decent hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If on the first floor, avoid rooms near the entrance to the lobby, if noise is of concern.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank step12dude
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review about our hotel. The first floor can be very convenient, but is sometimes noisy. If noted in a reservation, we try to assign people to their preferred floor when possible. I'm glad you were satisfied with most of your stay, with the exception of an architectural feature and the towels. You may be interested to know that Marriott has revised the standard for the terry, and as we resupply inventory, the upgraded product is being ordered. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when you are in Ft. Myers!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Excellent Hotel and Staff.
The rooms are always Nice and Clean, the staff is very friendly & go out of their way to to help you. They have a wide variety for breakfast and there is always coffee & cookies waiting for you during the day and evening. There is a pool and exercise room to work or relax.
The hotel is close to Major Restaurants and shopping (walking distance)!
I stay when traveling for work and I have stayed with my family on personal trips as well.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We are honored that you to refer to us as your "home away from home!" Please know we want to continue to provide the hospitality and accommodations you have come to expect from our hotel.

We appreciate that you took the time to write such a great review. If there is ever anything we can do to make your visits more comfortable, please let us know.
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Have used this property on and off for a number of years when staying in Fort Myers on business.

Stayed in #333 earlier this week (the property was sold out - so moving to another room was apparently not an option). The matress was in need of replacement (the sidewalls had a very sad 'dip' from over use) and the wall A/C resisted any attempts to reduced the oppressive humidity - resulting is a sweat covered restless night's sleep.

The property offers a great location, but management/ownership needs to do a serious walk-thru and upgrade and update the place.

I'm seriously considering moving my overnights a little further south on US41 and staying at the Hyatt Place in Coconut Point.

Room Tip: Ask to check the condition of your bed/mattress before accepting the room.
1 Thank omegaet
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments about your stay with us. I apologize that your room was not comfortable, and we did not have another to offer you. Some of our mattresses have been recently replaced, but thankfully most guests find that they are able to have a restful night's sleep in most rooms of the hotel.

Renovating is scheduled for later in the year. I sincerely hope we have not lost your business, and invite you to feel free to contact me personally if you experience other problems. We want to be able to resolve issues in a timely manner.

Thank you again. It is important for us to know what our guests are thinking.
Tampa
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very good continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and courteous. Clean rooms. Pleasurable stay. Met expectations and didn't have any issues with checking in or checking out. Appeciate the little things when staying at hotel and staff was well trained with this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ffiftmy, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We always appreciate it when travelers take time to submit their comments to Trip
Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and mentioned "litte things" that often go unnoticed. We hope you will be able to stay with us again when you are in Ft. Myers.