“Could Have Been Worse, Should Have Been Better.”

Travelodge Fort Myers Airport
Ranked #45 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Florida
“Could Have Been Worse, Should Have Been Better.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I thought I had booked my room with reward points, and the confirmation email i produced said so, but the hotel disagreed, and so did Wyndham Rewards customer service, so I ended up paying. My assigned room was on the second floor, and there is no elevator, which presented a problem as I had knee surgery only two weeks earlier. A switch was impossible, I was told, so I dealt with it by leaving my suitcase in the car, and carrying up only the items I urgently needed. The room itself was basic and clean, with a bed that would have been uncomfortable for 2, since it sagged noticeably towards the middle. I left before the breakfast was ready, but did overhear the desk clerk explaining the airport shuttle policy to someone over the phone. The cost and frequency she quoted would have been enough for this traveler to immediately look elsewhere..

Room Tip: Watch out for the second floor if you have a lot of heavy luggage.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I arrived late with a printed guaranteed reservation, however there were no rooms. I was told my reservation was not in the 'system', and that I needed to call my travel agency. They never offered to help me find other accommodations, and were a little short with me.
I did call my travel agency, and was assured my reservation was in the computer. I suspect since I arrived so late, they sold my room.
I understand things happen, and the true colors of the business usually surface at these times. I think that was the case here.

Room Tip: Call and confirm your reservation before you come
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Mr. Dan,
Thank you for your review. It is our regret that we were not able to help you. Please contact me directly. I would like to get your travel agency's contact information. I will contact them and see why your reservation was not forwarded to us. It is travel agencies responsibility to make sure hotel receives reservation details. We do not resell rooms if reservation is guaranteed and we hold room until 3am.
Once again, I am sorry we were not able to help you but please contact me with your reservation details so this could be addressed with your travel agency in order to avoid this issue in the future.

Thank you.
Appleton
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We selected this hotel because of the closeness of the airport. It was very clean and the shower stall was the largest we have experienced. However, I think the hotel should consider replacing the mattresses. Ours sank in the middle. Also the breakfast was ok...cereal, juice, bagels, toast, muffins, coffee, but there were only three tables. I noticed that a number of people took the breakfast to their rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also there was free internet usage, which was very convenient. If we need to use the Fort Myers airport again, we will consider using this Travelodge.

Room Tip: We asked for a first floor room and the staff was very accomodating.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Judy for your detailed review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward seeing you again.