All reviewswaffle housesausage pattiesroom was cleanthe breakfast areafree breakfasthot breakfastcleaning staffone night staycoffee makerwould stay againbaseball tournamentlobbyinterstatetileftmicrowavemyers
Reviewed April 4, 2015

1. Arrived at 2:40 (check-in at 3). Man at front desk said, "Check-in is not until 3" and sent us on our way.
2. Returned at 3:00 - was told rooms were not ready. There were two other families waiting in the lobby because their rooms were not ready. Oddly - the parking lot was empty.
3. 3:40 - got into room in 'new' section. Half the hotel looks like it was decorated in the 80's - the other more recently, but on close inspection - it's a paint job.
4. Opened our room door and all five of us were overwhelmed by the smell of cigarettes.
5. We had requested a room with two queens - we got one queen and one pull out couch.
6. Called and requested to be changed to a non-smoking room and a room with two queen beds (which we had originally booked) and was told, "Your room is non-smoking. The whole hotel is non-smoking."
"Can we have a room that does not smell like cigarette smoke and has the two queen beds we requested?"
"No. We are booked but I can change your room in the morning." "We leave in the morning."
7. Good luck calling front desk from your room - there are no instructions on or near the phone. I've included a photo.
8. Pool closed - by public safety health personnel. Apparently, it's been closed for awhile because after reading other reviews - they've mentioned the same thing. Great. There goes the kid entertainment.
9. no cable
10. bathroom door won't shut. Fun times when you are in a small room with 3 kids and two adults.
11. pulled out the pull-out bed (supposed to be our 2nd queen?) and there are no sheets or pillows for it . . . anywhere. Called front desk - he asked us to come down to housekeeping to get sheets. (The poor guy is the only person on staff!) He can give us sheets, but they are out of pillows. OUT OF PILLOWS!
12. Back in room, making bed - laughing at how ridiculous this is. Grab a pillow from our one queen bed to give to kids and it's only 1/2 a pillow. WE HAVE SMALL SQUARE PILLOWS! I don't know if I should laugh or cry!
Quality Suites - shame on you. Clearly you are understaffed - not enough housekeepers - probably over worked! Mismanaged! What is going on? We will never stay at a Quality Suites again.
13. room keys are white. Blank. Not a big deal but now I'm in a bad mood and the blank cards bug me.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank krela5
Reviewed March 19, 2015 via mobile

The pool has a sign saying it is closed by the health department. We were informed that it was ok to swim, as the problem was not water related. During our four day stay the ice machine was also broken the entire time. This was inconvenient since the gas station next door was also out of ice. The door on our room was hung so poorly that you could actually see out into the hallway through the crack. As mentioned in some other reviews the breakfast was very minimal.

Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed March 15, 2015

We stayed in the old section of the hotel,unfortunately there were a lot of problems with the room. We told Ray at the front desk and he was very helpful.He got housekeeping involved and they jumped on the problems they could fix. Since they were in the middle of renovating, i certainly understand their perdicament. They should have finished the whole building before letting people stay there. This is a good location for families, close to fast food restaurants and main roads and reasonably priced. i would be back again once it is finished.

Room Tip: make sure they are not in the middle of remodeling.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2015

For the price we paid and the little amount of time we were in the room, the hotel was adequate. The staff was the problem. Let's start with the hotel manager, who refused to come down to speak to me when I requested that he do so in order to address a problem I was having. I suppose he would rather lose a customer than try to keep one. Then there was the main front desk clerk who definitely should not be the face of any hotel due to his unwelcoming, unhelpful and rude demeanor. The woman who took care of the breakfast area should have been schooled on how to wait until the patrons are finished eating before she starts wiping the counter where we were eating. Speaking of the breakfast area, which shows a beautiful bowl of assorted fruit on the website photo, in the six days we were there, the same sorry apples were the only offering. The website photo also shows scrambled eggs in the warming tray. During our stay, no hot cooked eggs were ever available. Needless to say, this hotel does not get a good grade.
That being said, there are a few positive notes. The afternoon clerk, Alex Woolbright, was the only saving grace in our entire hotel experience. He was the first face we met upon check-in and was the most pleasant, helpful and accommodating member of the staff. The hotel was located within walking distance of McDonalds, Arby's, Waffle House and Publix Supermarket, so at least there were options for getting a real breakfast. And the free wi-fi is always appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2015

This hotel is subpar in quality and customer service. I had an issue with the room and reservation. The hotel did not answer their phone for over 24 hours. After a number of calls, I finally talked to someone who told me I would have to talk with the manager. It took me several calls to finally talk to Mrs. Patel. She told me she would get back with me, which never happened even after several calls and emails. I addressed my issue with Choice hotels but was disappointed that they only referred me back to the hotel and did not support my complaints. The hotel refused to adjust my bill and notified me of that by mail, not even being professional enough to return my repeated calls.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled on business