“The WORST hotel I have ever been to!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Suites Fort Myers – I-75

Quality Suites Fort Myers – I-75
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Providence, ri
“The WORST hotel I have ever been to!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

I checked into this poor excuse for a hotel expecting something at least comfortable and safe. Boy was I wrong! The hotel may be close to the airport, but it was in a very seedy area, with a busy gas station right out front. The rooms are very small and the hotel itself was run down. There is nothing around it, but the gas station and I did not feel safe at all. The so-called staff was USELESS (enough said). For all of these reasons, I felt that I was better off staying someplace else. I only wished that some had warned me in advance.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank cardinal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tempe, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2008

Stayed two nights here at the Comfort Suites, Ft Myers Airport. Decided to try this place after reading some reviews from this site & am very disappointed.

The location is very convenient to the airport which was great but the property is shabby. Looking down the hallway, you can see stained carpeting, probably from guests dropping their free breakfasts, but still, not a pretty site. Many door frames look weathered... our room looked like someone previously attempted to use a crowbar to break in.

As for the room, average. King size bed, basic linens, older TV... without a remote... the front desk gave us a replacement but only the on-off & up-down buttons worked. The bathroom was old. Tile was not attractive and old... grout needed a good cleaning. Shower pressure poor... but Florida is in a drought. There is a recliner but someone took the lightbulbs from the desk lamp & recliner lamp, which no one seemed to notice before preparing the room. Last, the walls allow you to hear pretty much anything that's going on in the hallway, which during the free breakfast hours, is a lot of activity.

The suite did have a nice fridge & microwave & VCR & free wi-fi... of which I'm using to write this review. Breakfast was simple... waffles, bacon, packaged danish & bagels. Clean & well attended to by staff.

Staff was very helpful in giving us directions to ballparks & shopping. Response to our remote & lightbulb requests were very prompt.

Basically, competition for this is Holiday Inn Express & Hyatt Place & this property doesn't compare to the quality of one of those spots. I got a fair rate of $198 for two nights via the Choice Hotel website. I overheard a guy checking in last night getting a rate of $179 for the night... this place totally doesn't warrant that price!

On the hopeful side, there is construction directly across the Interstate of a new Comfort Inn & Suites... looks to be completed by this summer. Looks very nice with a Starbucks building right next to it.

• Liked — Airport convenience
  • Disliked — Below average condition
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank elsal
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2007

We stayed at the Comfort Suites this summer while visiting friends in the area. They were so very accomodating for the entire week we were there.
My husband and I flew in, and their shuttle came and picked us up very promptly It was so nice to not worry about taking a taxi, or waiting for one.
The Comfort Suites staff was very friendly and accomodating. They were remodeling the hotel during our stay, but still kept a very neat and orderly atmosphere for us. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable to sleep in. The maid service was very efficient.
The Continental Breakfast was excellent. The food was very fresh and well displayed. We did not expect such a wide variety of foods in a Continental Breakfast, especially when it is included in the room fee. Usually when the breakfast is included in the room fee you end up with cold cereal and a piece of toast. The breakfast lady was so friendly and very much on the ball about keeping things stocked for us all.
The pool outside was quite nice and there was a great place to just sit and enjoy the sunshine next to the pool. It was also very nice to have a bar on site so we did not have to leave to have a drink when we returned in the evening.
One great thing about this hotel was the location. It is really close to the Interstate and made it so easy to go to the areas we were travelling to.
My husband and I were both really impressed with the outgoing personality and friendliness of the hotels Manager. She was very informative on places of interest and also very knowledgeable about restaurants to eat at. By the time we left the hotel at the end of the week we felt like family.
This is an excellent place to stay, very reasonable, and a nice quiet location. Would stay here anytime.

• Liked — Staff and ease of travel from here to various locationsl
  • Disliked — had to drive to eat out, but they offered various menus that had delivery services for meals
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank blondmama
Harlowton, Mt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2007

We have just returned from a three days at the Comfort Suites Airport. The hotel is 5 stars and we have never experienced such incredible service before. Its soo near the interstate, and with the hotels free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel its sooo easy. The pool is fantastic as is the on site /bar and lounge!

The staff is very friendly and the hotels manager is amazing. She did everything she could to accomidate us and our three children including tracking a crib down.

The cleaning staff kept the hotel amazingly clean for as high traffic as it was, and the continental breakfast was great! This is a must stay for family's!! Kid friendly and we will definantly be a return customer!!!

• Liked — The pool and staff!!
  • Disliked — no complaints!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

The pits! Airline cancelled our flight, left us waiting for 4+ hours at the ticket counter waiting to reschedule (nothing available to return you home for a week, but we can get you 3/4 of the way back the next day). Only room we could find to stay in to avoid sleeping at the airport was this dump - the "[Dis]Comfort Suites." Checked in around 11:30 p.m. after a 30 minute wait at the hotel desk (there was only one person in front of us) - one guy working. He didn't know how to work the computer, find keys, etc. Charged us almost $200! I ask where the elevator is and he says there isn't one ("you're kidding"). We go to the room - one queen and a pullout sofa without any sheets, blankets or pillows!! Just bare mattresses! I call downstairs and let they guy at the desk know the situation - he tells me he's busy and doesn't know if and when he'll be able to check into that! Then tells me he'll call me if he finds any of this stuff! This is now after midnight! Meanwhile, my son shows me all the dead bugs inside the lighting - both in the room and in the hallway! Ugh! Whoever said this place should be condemned is right! And the staff (the one guy) was rude and nasty as well.

• Liked — Not one thing
  • Disliked — Dirty, insufficient room; lousy, rude service; ridiculous price
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank appleyard99
Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2007

I want to echo all the previous reviews. This place should be condemned!! We were there for one night on the way to an early airline flight the next day. This hotel is gross! The dirt and smell in the Lobby were overpowering. The room was so filthy that I had to change the sheets on both beds as well as clean the mold off the showerhead and scrub the coffee pot. The shower curtain was also moldy at the bottom. It was so bad that my husband took photos to send to Choice Hotels. We would have gone elsewhere, except we arrived late in the day and were too tired to seek other accommodations.
The desk clerk was rude and surly and spent too much time on personal phone calls and sitting in the Lobby with her male friend.
I called Choice Hotels to complain and was informed that they would tell the GM. When we checked out the next morning, the GM was there and I explained the entire situation. She gave us a $25 discount off the room and made excuses for the conditons.
Oh, and by the way, DON'T eat the continental breakfast - I saw where they kept the food - in the housekeeping area next to the dirty laundry and cleaning supplies!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela D
Vail, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2007

Yuck! I was budget conscious, but let me tell you, $150 a night was highway robbery for this hotel!

The place is dirty and smelly (unless you're a smoker, then it won't bother you). I called for directions and, after calling twice with no response, I called another Comfort Inn to verify I had the right number. I did - the night staff was just not good... we were there a Sunday night on a holiday weekend, and, when I arrived, the woman wasn't interested in helping check us in either - her personal call was more important.

The hallway carpets are filthy, the rooms smell and are very dated. I checked the sheets twice to make sure they weren't going to walk away on me...

They have shuttle service, but, if it only goes once during any hour, it doesn't really help out that much.

I guess you get the point. Spend a few bucks more and upgrade!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family