“Clean rooms, personable desk help, hardworking proficient maid service,”

Quality Suites Fort Myers – I-75
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My stays at this hotel began December 2012. The rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. The daily continental breakfast is more than adequate. My most recent stay lasted several months - very enjoyable even though the hotel was (and still is), going through a complete renovation. At this time, (half way through the renovation) progress is proving that the hotels amenities and appointments are very stylish and an upgrade to its brand.

The front desk staff is very pleasant, and the room maintenance and cleaning staff is exceptional. The rooms are always spotless, the linens are always fresh and clean. The beds are very comfortable. My stays have always been consistently enjoyable.

Room Tip: all the rooms are now BRAND SPANKING NEW!! From the carpet, to the furnishings, to the linens, to th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank b b

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance for a king sized bed room. We arrived the night of my reservation at 11pm and discovered the hotel was under construction (ie: half the rooms and the lobby were under construction) with the front desk as a card table with a computer on it. It went down hill from there- they had lost our reservation, when the manager found it, they said that it was canceled due to a no show, despite us being there on time. Once they found a room for us it was past 12am. When we walked up two flights of stairs to our room (no elevator and no offer of help), we discovered that it was not only not a king size bed, but that they had located us adjacent to the construction zone. after I returned to the front desk to inquire about when the construction would start, the manager offered my money back. At 12:30 am it was not really an option. I told him that had there been an indication that there was construction on either the hotel website (which I visited to see the room), or the Choice hotel website, I would never had made this reservation. However, due to the late time, we'd stay. I also told him that we didn't get the room we wanted. Despite all these problems, we were understanding and just wanted to sleep in the next morning and therefore just wanted to know when the construction would start. when the manager said 7am, I told him that I'd discuss it with my wife. Before I left back for the room, I told him that my wife and I were being pretty understanding of the situation. Then, to my shock, he exploded with anger at me and told me that I had 10 minutes to leave the hotel. I wont go into the details, but my wife and I were forced to walk a half a mile on the shoulder of a parkway at 12:45am to get to another hotel. I have complained to Choice Hotels and have heard nothing back. What bothers me is that after my trip, I looked at TripAdvisor and realized that this has been going on for awhile and no one at Choice Hotels appears to be addressing this problem. The Hotel that I eventually walk to said that they had been receiving similar travelers leaving the hotel. I find the whole situation completely unprofessional on the part of the Quality Suites parent company and the umbrella Choice Hotels organization to address, otherwise other travelers will be subjected to this manager, this hotel and the additional costs of finding a hotel at the last minute.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank unman1234
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel was bad in every possible way, even with the price of $70/night in florida.

1) Due to renovations, customers entered through back door without key card! So the building door is always opened, 24 hrs a day. Welcome Any-Thief!

2) We have 3 rooms, and every room has multiple bulbs that were not working.

3) First time I saw this -- CRACK/disjointed counter-top of sink!

The only nice thing to say about this hotel is that it is close to grocery store Publix + next to Gas station and close to park "Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve".

I recalled paying the same price for similar facility in LA 5 months ago, but that is expensive LA and 1 mile away from beach + Free shuttle + Free breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sftong
Reviewed January 7, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sara G
Reviewed December 29, 2013

.....I made the mistake of prepaying for this stay some time ago.....big mistake! Had I not made this mistake, I would have taken one look, and then be....as the saying goes...GONE BABY, GONE. There is no question that this place should have been closed during this ugly renovation. The dude at the little check in table was an artist at douiblespeak. The one and only thing 'good' about this stay was the houswekeeping. I would comment about the breakfast except that there was NO breakfast. The 'suite' is nothing more than a hotel room with a little divider between the couch and bed. If and when the renovation is complete, I still would NEVER stay at the place again. The room layout is terrible. The only place that one could view the TV was from the bed....not the table/work area....and if you take a shower...the towels are on the wall on the opposite side from the tub/shower. But if you enjoy hearing the conversations from the adjoining rooms...their TV noise...assorted snores, coughs, etc., then this place is for you, with its paper thin walls. Thank goodness for earplugs. You have been warned!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel under construction.Should be closed. May be nice when it's done! Checkin clerk sits in foyer off sidewalk.Entire hotel lobby covered with tarps. Hallways filthy with dust. No shuttle, breakfast as advertised. Price is more than nicer in area. Wouldn't adjust rate when I saw the conditions of hotel. Tried to cancel but they wouldn't let me.

Room Tip: Only one hallway on first floor has rooms avbl. They are dirty dusty and noisy because of constructi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked this hotel, as we were not landing at Fort Myers until ten thirty at night. booked with hotel pronto. When I received the invoice, it said Comfort suites , and I could see the address was right, so I must admit , I did'nt check it then. When we arrived ,we called The comfort
suites, and they sent us a taxi to pick us up. Unfortunately it was the wrong hotel so we had to
have a taxi down to the Quality suites. The comfort suites told us, that wasn't the first time it
had happened. It was partly our fault , but just check if you do book.
The Quality suites were very comfortable and for the price very good. They are renovating
at the time we were there, so there was no lift. They also advertised, a shuttle bus to the airport,
but when we asked to go back to the airport in the morning to pick up a car, we were told it
wasn't running until Dec, so it cost us 20 dollars for a taxi.
Apart from that , it is very reasonable to stay there. Just check these things when you book.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple