“A Mess Right Now”

Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“A Mess Right Now”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel under construction.Should be closed. May be nice when it's done! Checkin clerk sits in foyer off sidewalk.Entire hotel lobby covered with tarps. Hallways filthy with dust. No shuttle, breakfast as advertised. Price is more than nicer in area. Wouldn't adjust rate when I saw the conditions of hotel. Tried to cancel but they wouldn't let me.

Room Tip: Only one hallway on first floor has rooms avbl. They are dirty dusty and noisy because of constructi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked this hotel, as we were not landing at Fort Myers until ten thirty at night. booked with hotel pronto. When I received the invoice, it said Comfort suites , and I could see the address was right, so I must admit , I did'nt check it then. When we arrived ,we called The comfort
suites, and they sent us a taxi to pick us up. Unfortunately it was the wrong hotel so we had to
have a taxi down to the Quality suites. The comfort suites told us, that wasn't the first time it
had happened. It was partly our fault , but just check if you do book.
The Quality suites were very comfortable and for the price very good. They are renovating
at the time we were there, so there was no lift. They also advertised, a shuttle bus to the airport,
but when we asked to go back to the airport in the morning to pick up a car, we were told it
wasn't running until Dec, so it cost us 20 dollars for a taxi.
Apart from that , it is very reasonable to stay there. Just check these things when you book.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This property, though a bit difficult to find, is a great place. Clean and a very nice staff. I like to run in the mornings and this location offers lots of sidewalks and even a neighborhood to take advantage of. Once you do see how to get there, it's really an easy access to the interstate and also a very short distance to the airport- about 1.5 miles. There is a very large eating area which is nice- you don't feel crowded next to or on top of someone like many hotels.

Room Tip: Staying on the first floor avoids elevator waiting if this is a concern
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rising Fawn, Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After booking this hotel, we read the reviews and were a little worried. There was no need for the worry. We had an absolutely wonderful weekend stay. The hotel was quiet. The staff was polite and answered our questions. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had breakfast here both mornings. It is the same breakfast we expect when we stay at the Choice Hotels. There was fast food adjacent to the hotel, Taco Bell and McDonalds, and a Waffle House and Denny's across the street. About 3 miles away was Olive Garden, Longhorn and Cheddars. We used the business center to print boarding passes for our flight and had no problems. There is not an elevator for the second floor, but it's just a short walk up the steps. If that's a problem, then book a 1st floor room. Again, we did not have any of the problems that others have complained about on their reviews. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Fort Myers area.

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is somewhat hidden, off of Daniels Parkway southwest of the I-75 interchange, and tucked behind a Waffle House and a gas station. But it is well removed from both highways and in a somewhat quiet, secluded, yet convenient place.

The rooms are mini-suites, similar in style to those found at Comfort Suites. The "suite" is actually a room partitioned with a low divider that separates the sleeping area (in the middle of the room) from the living area (to the rear of the room). My room was clean, tastefully furnished, and, while not overly large, was of ample size. Having the partition is a nice touch, although it does tend to make the room appear slightly smaller than it actually is.

The bathroom was spotless and came with the traditional Quality Hotels amenities (shampoo, conditioner, and the like). There's an in-room coffee maker and the climate control unit worked well.

Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. There's large breakfast room just off the lobby, but I departed the hotel very early to catch a flight and did not have time to sample the offerings and thus cannot share any thoughts on the variety or the quality of the food.

Just a couple of minor details to mention - and I mention them only because I encountered similar things on a previous stay:

1. The check-in process took a lot longer than it normally does - or should. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that I arrived very late (after midnight), although I had noted the "after midnight" arrival in my reservation record. The person checking me in - who was the same person who was working the front desk on my previous stay - seemed to type forever before finally getting the check-in process completed. I had thought that perhaps my reservation had already been closed out as a "no show," due to my late arrival, but he assured me that that wasn't so. Still, it was unusual that it took as long as it did. Nothing critical, just something I've run into more than once.

2. The same guy was on duty when I checked out ... sleeping in the lobby. I had to wake him to make him aware that there was a guest waiting to be served.

3. This property, like many in the Quality family, had one of those annoying in-room safes, for which a daily charge (in this case, $1.00 + tax) is automatically added to one's hotel bill for this "added convenience." The charge will be removed without contest if requested, and if the safe hasn't been used, so it's no big deal - just an unnecessary annoyance. When I run into these safes when I stay at Choice Hotels properties, I always ask that the charge be removed at check-in, so that I am not delayed when I check out. Almost every property will do this (as this one also did), so I might recommend that to others who don't care to pay for the in-room safe.

The Southwest Florida Regional Airport is about 10 minutes away - easy drive - and there are dining options, convenience stores, and gas stations nearby.

Overall, a decent place to stay. Suggest checking out rates at the Choice Hotels websites, where a variety of discounts (AAA, senior, corporate, association) are available, and also check out Choice Hotel family promotions, which are frequent and often quite good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank step12dude
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a good hotel if you're looking for something cheap for the night. We stopped in on our way back to Indiana. We were desperate and tired, so we pulled into the first hotel we seen. We paid $75 on a Friday night, so not a bad price close to an airport. We were put into a "Non-smoking" room but it smelled like a strong ashtray, so we moved rooms, & it was not as bad. The rooms are big, but nothing special. It looks pretty average, quite outdated. The pool and hottub looked nice. Very nice flatscreens in the room. All in all, this is a good hotel if you want to pay an average price for an average room.

• Stayed July 2013
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel was one of the best that I ever stayed in. The staff was very helpful and the price was right. Easy access to I-75 and lots of stuff to do in the area. Breakfast buffet was great with lots of variety and tastes. Easy access to Fort Myers beach and Sanibel Island. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area. Very clean rooms and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple