“Great Value, Clean and comfortable”

La Quinta Inn Fort Myers Central
Ranked #45 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great Value, Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Got a great price on priceline. I was worried due to some bad reviews and am so glad to report everything ws great! Room was clean, comfortable, service was great. Wifi worked fine, bed was comfortable, furnishing were fine .. AC worked fine, fridge in room was nice plus. AC is indidivual older style by window that goes off and off, can make noise but is much better than newer style that automatically shut off and stay off if you leave room or do not move. So this is a plus for me. No sign or smell of smoke or pets. No bugs. Newer style bedding. In a central location for easy access to local sights and highways. I sleep with music headphones, but did not hear any noise. Really a great stay and I'll be back! (I am hotel snob and usually stay at 3 or 4 star resorts)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MaureenOB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hungarian first
Largo, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I will not revisit this particular LaQuinta again.

Here are a few of the issues I experienced:
- Bugs in my room
- Very noisy despite the room was far away from the street
- I would recommend outside security to help with guess behavior (there was yelling @ 3AM which EVERYONE could hear). Additional security would be especially appreciated considering the openness and external access to the rooms.
- etc... (I can go on...)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GotRice519
Brasil
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Simple hotel, like Motel, breakfast basics, for one night is quite satisfying.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank worldlovetravel
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My family have good expiriense in past for ''La Quinta ''name,but not this time.We look through Book saving coupon /it look update ,bright /,compare price around /it was not on bottom cheap price,it was not holiday busy time and i book it .#1 for my husband and teen was high speed internet-OX-OX- it was old modem,slow.#2 for teen-boys pool-it was frizzing cold even they claim it heated,we couldn't use it .#3-breakfast-was so poor,like shelter room with shack,cheap.Room was dark with old smell,dark green carpet look 25years old ,stained with odor.Matress was good and wood furnuture look nice. When next two morning- i pay attention way how they clean room /i found in my carpet few cutting nails/ -nobody use vaccoume for cleaning.It's good location but they have to update and improve this place.Please,check up place twice,before you book it .

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Ohio201004
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I've never stayed at a La Quinta before and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was immaculate and came with all sorts of amenities. A full sized iron and ironing board, in room coffee maker, not just instant, a Nintendo (I'm not a gamer, but I believe that was what the controller was,) shampoo, free wifi and other things.
The bed was a little less than perfect in that the mattress was a little lumpy but had a nice topper on it and was, all in all, quite comfortable.
The TV was almost too dark to watch, but as I never said anything, I'm sure that it was just a temporary thing. I couldn't figure out how to adjust it myself, but on this trip I spent little time actually in the room so it wasn't an issue.
The front desk was very polite and the morning breakfast offered a nice selection of rolls, bagels, muffins and even cereal and fresh fruit. And the coffee was good.
The bathroom was as clean as you could want and the overall service was simply great.
If I am raveling in that area again, I would most certainly choose this place to stay.
And the price was good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I loved this hotel. We traveled with two large dogs and it was very pet friendly, without a huge deposit for the pets. The pool area was great, the staff was wonderful and the breakfast wasn't bad. (There's a geat restaurant called Mel's right next door anyway.) We found the hotel in a Florida coupon book, called them, and looked at the rooms before deciding. We were first shown two doubles, and then one king- deciding on the king for extra floor space for the dogs. Unfortunately, they failed to mention that rate was $10 higher! Since we stayed four nights, our bill was quite a bit higher than originally planned. We complained, but they didn't do anything to fix it. Stay here - yes! Make sure they tell you the rate first - absolutely!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed 3 nights for business which called for faxing in field reports, up to 60 pages, to my office every night. The clerk, Curtis, was very helpful and quickly met my needs with a great attitude. I wish I could find more places like this in my work travels. BTW, Mel's Diner next door has great food and fair prices.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business