Tripadvisor
Fort Myers
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews mel's diner room was clean oatmeal free breakfast fresh fruit sanibel island pet beaches inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I received a veterans discount and it was still too much to pay for this hotel....I would have been content paying $75.00 for the value. The heated pool is not heated....it was 82degrees outside but nobody was able to use the pool because it was too cold. The deadbolt on the door did not work and breakfast room was dirty and food was very limited. Krispy Kreme next door though is good and Mels diner next door was very good and reasonable. This hotel has made nice improvements with remodeling and the room was clean but it is still overpriced as it is very old and the walls are thin. The alarm in the next room woke me up in the morning.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LQ0819GM, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Fort Myers Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello James, we understand your frustration with our prices but unfortunately this time of year we are in season so the prices are higher for all hotels in general. When we are in offseason our prices go as low as $59.00 sometimes. From January till the end of March hotels in this area are in season Sir, so we do the best we can during this expensive time of the year. We are making necessary improvements this year so if you are ever back in Fort Myers we hope to get another chance. Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In addition there was lots of noise near my room and it was hard to get good sleep. Went down solo to visit friends and family. I did like the room set up I was in. However for the price I paid at almost 100per night was very dissapointing for its overall value. I wanted a decent nice room in decent area with hot water and some rest- all of which was a fail. I personally will not return here. Also as I told them about the hot water it seemed to me like i was more of a nuisence than a guest.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LQ0819GM, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Fort Myers Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Michael, I am sorry to hear you had this kind of experience during your recent stay with us. Please rest assurd we are making necessary improvemets to the hotel this year so we hope to get another chance in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don’t stay here!!! Motel in appearance. A lot of random people lurking outside as though they live there and the hotel is their permanent residence. Room had ants. Tub water did not drain properly. AC did not work efficiently.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello, we are sorry you had this kind of experience during your recent stay with us and want you to know we are making necessary improvements to the hotel this year so we hope to get another chance if you are ever in the area again. Still, we thank you for taking the time to provid e your feedback.

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

Place is filthy, noisy with peeling paint and horrible staff. Rooms have been remodeled but the outside looks like a no-tel motel. Wyndham needs to close this dump permanently! It is a shame they inherited this one

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

No receipt at check out. Quick but confusing. II think an invoice showing the check out details should be in order.
Bathroom plumbing needed work, at least in the room we stayed. Cold water faucet did not shut off, need to play with it for a while until I figure out how to shut it off.
The room overall was excellent and clean.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LQ0819GM, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Fort Myers Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

We can provide a copy of your receipt if you give us your email sir. Still thanks for providing us your feedback and for staying with us.