“Debora T”

Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Debora T”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A great place to stay. Room was clean and staff is very friendly. We were in town only for the weekend. Breakfast was always hot and ready to enjoy. I will stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Fort Myers. Keep up the good work

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Debora,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable weekend stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon! If I can be of any assistance booking future reservations during your next visit to Fort Myers please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

ri.rswri.agm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I spent one night in this hotel on my way to Saint Pete, really wished I could have stayed here longer, I enjoyed it all, since my arrival and warm greeting to my departure. The room was neat, loved the decoration, and the bed was so delicious I almost miss breakfast the next morning!
Proud to be part of the Marriott family!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sambuca1970,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel and other travelers. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that next time you can stay a few days longer and enjoy some time to yourself! If I can be of any assistance making future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Hope to see you again soon!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Beautifully-appointed studio, nicely furnished and tastefully decorated. Staff was friendly. Only complaint is that when I booked the room by phone, at Marriott's toll-free number, the representative told me that the hotel we wanted was full, but the Residence Inn could take us, even just for one night. AND: would accept our pet dog. She neglected to tell me that there would be a non-refundable fee of $100! This is ridiculous, for us who were booked for a single night! Outlandish. If the manager had been near, I would have complained and he, being pleasant as he greeted us at the entrance, probably would have made a concession or lesser charge for us. ONE NIGHT cost us $238.
Also, our bed was a small one, a double. Not what we wanted.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Faith R
Hi Faith,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in Fort Myers. In regards to the pet fee, I can understand that it may be an issue for someone like yourself only traveling for one night. Unfortunately, it is a standard fee that we charge to all guests traveling with their furry friends no matter one night, or one month. This fee goes to the cost of having the room sterilized and cleaned throughly for any future guest that does not have a pet and may be allergic to pet dander. This is something that you will find standard throughout Residence Inn properties as well as many other pet friendly hotels. If you will be in the area again in the future, please contact me directly and I will ensure that we can accomodate yourself as well as your pet in a way that will meet your needs. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, and I hope to see you again!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Evidently the staff that we ran into was different than some of the rest, as we did not feel that they were real friendly. It appeared that they were there only to put in their time and did not attempt to make us feel welcome as we have experienced in other locations. As a Platinum Elite Member for many years, there was no mention of welcoming or recognition of my status. The personnel in the dining room were on the verge of actually being rude, especially the evening host. My wife went down to get a couple of hot dogs Wednesday evening and did not see the trays. The host informed her that she would appreciate it if my wife used a tray because if my wife happened to spill something then she was the one to have to clean it up. Not the way I would expect to treat guests. The menu could use some variation as it was minimal and very boring. The rooms and grounds were however neat and clean. Maid service was punctual. I will probably find another Marriott should I return to the area in the future. I also pointed out to the desk clerk that a snake was on the sidewalk out by the smoking area. Her comment was that it was probably only a garden snake and would go back in the bushes shortly. There was no attempt to handle the situation. We did not return to that area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. Our number one priority is to provide exceptional service to our guests, especially our loyal Marriott Rewards members. Anytime that we cannot provide this to a guest we value and appreciate those that take the time to express this with us, as it will only give us an opportunity to improve on our services. Please accept my apologies on behalf of our entire staff that you did not experience the friendly, attentive, and personalized service that we are typically known for. As you mentioned, most of our previous guests have nothing but positive feedback for our staff, so it greatly concerns me that you did not have the same. Upon reciept of this review, I immediately began implementing procedures that I hope will ensure that none of our future guests feel that they were not welcomed or appreciated. It is through loyal and honest guests like yourself that we continue to improve our training procedures and daily operations, and continuously strive to provide the perfect stay. I hope that if you return to the area in the future, you might be willing to give us another try and I will ensure that you are taken care of.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I hope that we have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

MIAMI
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent 2 nights and were very pleased with both the staff and the cleanliness of the room and the entire facility. All the front desk staff we dealt with were helpful, knowledgeable, and eager to please. I'd especially like to single out Silvia who was affable, well spoken and seemed to have a genuine interest in her customers and in her job. The room was spacious and well appointed and both it and the bathroom were exceptionally clean.The breakfast was adequate but could be improved somewhat (for me and other diabetics) by the addition of non-sugared cottage cheese and yoghurt, but this is really a very small quibble with what was overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Our 2 bedroom suite was great. The entire staff was outstanding, especially Frank, who was at the front desk in the evenings. The hotel was very clean, the food was very good. I will stay here. Shops were near by, which was great.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nice hotel...comfortable beds...very clean...friendly staff...very good breakfast. Went down to Ft. Myers with the family on vacation and decided to stay here, glad we did! Will definitely stay again if we come back to the area.

• Stayed May 2013
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Fla_Gatorz,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to forward your comments along to our staff. If you should ever need assistance booking future reservations do not hesitate to give me a call. Thank you for staying with us, and see you again soon!