“My home away from home”

Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Bengaluru, India
“My home away from home”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'd visited Fort Myers in 2012 and stayed at this awesome property for 3.5 months. Initially I was quite apprehensive about my stay away from home in India and thought I would miss my home. Awesome staff at Residence Inn treated me well and ensured that I didn't miss home.

While I would say the room was comfortable enough with a beautiful kitchenette and view of the Colonial Blvd, the staff here need a special mention. They were really cordial and always greeted me with a smile. One day when I complained about a bug strolling near my bed, they immediately responded and arranged for a complete clean up of not only my room, but all the rooms in the hotel.

Amy, Catie, Jessica, Jennifer and other staff- the manager, the general manager and the kitchen staff- you're wonderful and made my stay a very memorable one... Kudos guys :-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for the great comments! I'm so glad to hear that our staff was able to make your time away from home comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Adam Winning
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Foster, RI
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Can't say enough about the place. Our room was immaculate, the bed very comfortable. Can't say enough about the staff, from the front desk to the sweet woman who works the breakfast area. All were so helpful and accommodating. They have a nice pool and the location is close to so many things. If you are staying in the Ft Myers area, STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Christine,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the great feedback, hope to see you again!

Adam Winning
Assistant General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights while visiting the area with family. Its a great hotel with an extremely friendly staff. This location is an example of why I continue to enjoy staying at any of Marriott's chains. One unique aspect is the hotel sits in the path of the local municipal airstrip so while swimming with the kids, we got a very up and lose look at the private planes coming in for a landing although one in my room, I never noticed the planes.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Shamusfitz
residenceinn2960, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the nice review...We can't wait to see you again next time your in Fort Myers!
Minneola, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Five relaxing days spent at the Residence Inn on Colonial Drive in Fort Myers, FL; close to shopping and various attractions. Friendly staff and the room amenities were superb! Highly recommend this hotel for short or long term vacationers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review...We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn (and many others) before, and it never disappoints. It is very clean and comfortable and has anything you could need. The staff is also very accomodating and pleasant. The breakfast is more than adequate...especially for being free!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
residenceinn2960, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Fort Myers.

General manager
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Dont get me wrong this is a nice,spacious friendly clean hotel and the one bed suite we had was excellent,very well laid out and spacious. The various events Italian night, BBQ are a great idea and breakfast is good. We got a suite on the colonial side (323) and earplugs are definitley required! Planes landing/taking off and after 9pm, heavy traffic noise and the train whistle blows you out of bed. Its VERY noisy and WHY they dont double glaze is a mystery...it could be fantastic.

Room Tip: dont get on the Colonial blvd side though its hard to imagine any room being peaceful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi BazzaA,

I know we spoke after you checked out but I just wanted to say thank you again for your great comments and feedback. I did want to follow up with you regarding flight activity from Page Field. Flights after 9 pm are rare but they do occur. Page Field does suspend all non emergency over night operations at 11pm. I apologize again for the issue you had with noise and look forward to seeing you again next time you come to visit Fort Myers.

Sincerely
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We got in very late and had notified the hotel in advance. We requested a roll out bed but didn't receive one. The bed in the bedroom was very comfortable but the pull out couch was horrific. The breakfast and attendant were wonderful. The is a great place for a couple or a single but a family that must use the couch to sleep must be forewarned.
It was too cold for the pool but the facilities looked small but well-maintained.
I'd rate this very good to excellent except for the sleeping which we badly needed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
residenceinn2960, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments about the cleanliness of our Residence Inn and the friendliness of our staff. I do apologize for the miscommunication regarding the rollaway bed. We do not offer rollaway beds at our hotel because we have pull out sofa beds. I would also like to apologize that you were not comfortable with the pull out sofa bed. We take your comments very seriously because we generally have very positive feedback about them. Comments like yours can help us to determine if we have an issue with a particular sofa bed and correct it. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I also wanted to let you know that we do have two bedroom suites available at our property that might better fit your needs. The two bedroom suite has a queen sized bed in each bedroom as well as a pull out sofa bed in the living room. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

General manager