“Fair price for average hotel.”

Travelodge Fort Myers
Ranked #51 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed February 21, 2011

You can tell that this hotel was recently remodeled. In fact, it really just looked like they took an old run down hotel & spackled holes/painted & added new mattresses.

The beds were clean as was the rest of the room. That said, The TV/lamps/night stand/shower head/microwave/refrigerator/air conditioner were all AT LEAST 10-15yrs old.

The location is VERY convenient, especially if you will be spending a lot of time in Cape Coral. Many stores/restaurants within easy walking distance, too.

This was a budget trip for us & the hotel fit our needs. That said, I probably would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Fort Myers

Reviewed February 19, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for Valentine's Day weekend, I found it to be great for the price, it offered a lot of amenities for such a cheap price. We were satisfied with the room because we weren't looking for anything luxurious, it was comfy and cheap, we only stayed one night to see a broadway show and didn't spend more than 8 hours in the room. For the price, it was perfect. Our issue was with the staff. The staff was horrible. I left a ring my boyfriend had given me to as a gift two years ago accidentally on the nightstand, we were in such a rush to leave that I forgot to put it on after showering. I called immediately when I noticed I had left it there, and the staff didn't even seem willing to help find it. I'm sure they did not understand the sentimental value the ring had, but they treated it as if I had left a hairbrush behind. I called them 4 days straight and they finally told me they couldn't find it. I asked the receptionist if I could speak to the housekeeping manager, and she rudely told me "speaking to him isn't going to change the fact that its lost". Worst experience dealing with a hotel staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lotus_flowers
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Nice clean room, luxury feel linen, newly renovated, courteous staff. Certainly worth going back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2011

we booked in advance, and found this travelodge was everything we needed, the public areas we're good, the room we had was a little dated but was clean as was the bathroom and beds. and offered good value accomodation for the three nights we stayed. The Grand Buffet almost next door, was an excellent place to eat

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We spent at the Hotel 3 nights (from January 5th to January 8th, 2011), the bathroom was not clean, the linen were clean, but the room itself was randown. Free breakfast was included with the room, very poor food, batter to make our own pancakes with some syrup, no fruits, only the last day we had some bananas and oranges, some bread (whole wheat and white) some cereals, of course coffee, we had to always ask at the reception if they can refill the coffee pot, the batter for pancakes, the floor was sticky, you feel that your shoes will come off you feet. One positive point, the staff was very nice and joyal.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Phone messages, poor
Client wrong,
Billing wrong additions,
Hungry for your money,
No jacuzzi, restaurant, bar, no heated pool

Junior mngt.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2011

How does this hotel have positive reviews?

This is my personal opinion of a stay at this hotel over several days. If you are hotel staff and would like to lookup our information please refer to room 139 with the last name starting with Po that included a stay on 1-30-2011. This hotel was branded as Travelodge on booking. It has been other names in the past.

AVOID!

· The exterior of the hotel has peeling paint.
· The room has many issues including…
· Raw patch jobs on the walls, bath and ceilings
· Management sucks
· The dresser has water damaged particle board
· The alarm clocked is blinking 12:00 and needs to be programmed
· The bed linen contains cigarette burns
· Carpet is disgusting
· Stinks like feet in the hall ways
· The Television has a large open crack in the housing and a poor picture
· The AC unit has duct tape holding the front panel on and is extremely loud
· The pool is not heated so it cannot be used in the winter months.
· The hot tub is not operational
· The room has flaking paint in many areas
· The safe is rusty
· The most scary part of this unit is the electrical cord for the AC unit. It has been severed on the end and another cord has been patched into it. This patch was secured with electrical tape. The fire marshal really should see this.
· The bathroom vent has excessive amounts of dirt build up, a burned out bulb, and a towel bar without a towel because its about ready to fall off the wall.

Good Luck.