La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Ft Lauderdale, FL
“It was fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed at the La Quinta in Ft. Myers over New Year's weekend. The room was fine, the breakfast was ok, and it was very close to the causeway to cross over into Sanibel. But the walls are indeed very thin so you can hear everything going on in other rooms. If you want a good deal and a pretty nice place, this is it. But bring ear plugs! The staff was very friendly and check in & out was very easy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Leesburg, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2010

I brought the kids to florida to visit their grandparents and made a reservation here for 2 nights. after 2 nights at disney I hope the kids would be okay here. have great things are the heated pool and a nice breakfast. all had a very good price. the only negative is the housekeeping staff is off most of thanksgiving day. good locations near bunch beach and fort myers beach. I suspect we will be back.

• Stayed November 2010
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

Great price, but stay at your own risk. Walked in the room to a unpleasant smell, the couch had a stain on it, then door knob fell off to the main door (didn't make us feel safe), then my husband went to the bathroom to find three cockroaches scrambling to get back in to the bathroom wall where they obviously came from.

La Quinta was good about giving us our money back and we got out of there!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Laval
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

we stop one night to visit fort myers before to going at fort lauderdale and we stop at this hotel. it's a good please but my only complaint is the kids make some noice in the corridor during the evening but it was calm during the night. And about the breakfast nobody at the check in told us at what time was the breakfast and where it was and in the information book inside the room nothing was mention about the time of the breakfast... so we arrive to going to breakfast at 9am and it was only close... only the waffle station had stuff to prepar waffle and we have to ask to a mexican employees who not really speak enfglish where was the maple sirup to have it and 5 minutes later everything was removed but this girl for the breakfast... i was a little bit dissapointed about that. but all the rest is ok. the room is clean and the parking is safe and the hotel is very well located to visit sanibel island.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay here. My husband and I agree the best part of the stay was the hotel. It was clean, safe and quite. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice but you need to get there early long lines. The location was isolated but close the beaches and restaurants. I enjoyed Ft. Myers Beach more than Sanibel. I felt that Sanibel was not family friendly since the bathroom, shower and parking is far from the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

If you are looking to party and meet people, this hotel is not for you. If you are looking to relax and enjoy yourself with family or friends or alone, then this is for you. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable. I do not know what these people are complaining about. Maybe being from New York where everything is expensive, coming to this hotel I felt I was getting a good deal for the price I paid. What kind of breakfast do you expect for forty bucks a night? These people would die if they came to visit New York!! I also did not feel it was outdated either. Again, what do you expect for this price?? And even if I paid peak prices, I would still be satisfied.
I would suggest renting a car. It is very easy to get around this area and the beaches are a quick drive away. It was refreshing to me to be able to go to Sanibel and Ft. Myers beach and be able to come back to a nice clean, quiet hotel to relax and rest after a day in the water and sun. And the air conditioners worked great! I did check for bed bugs after reading that review and there were none in my room(338). :-) Try to request a pool view room, it is very nice to open your door to it in the morning. I had a wonderful time there. This place is good if you plan little day trips and want to jump in the pool when you come back or come back to freshen up to go to dinner, ect. This is not a all inclusive resort, it is a nice, clean, safe place to stay if you are visiting fort Myers and want to do some sight seeing during the day and get a comfortable night sleep! I hope my review is helpful to you!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank TuscanSun59
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

When we checked in, we got the usual room no one wants in the corned between the elevator and ice machine. I asked for a poolside view and was given an excellent room - without the help of Bill Shatner! The hotel was clean, though a little dated. The pool was very large and clean with many lounges and available towels.
There were a few negatives ... the hotel had no computer, but had internet access ... the complimentary breakfast was basic ... and when the sun went down, the "no-see-ums" came out. We were also blessed with a drunk who thought he could sing - fortunately he didn't stay long.
The big selling point is a good hotel stay at a bargain basement price. Also, the hotel is a minute or so away from the Sanibel causway.
Traveler's note: It will now cost you $2.00 per hour to park at any public beach parking lot or beach access. It is cheaper to park at Lover's Key state park - you get a free beach trolley ride to boot !

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#11 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,007 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway? Share your experiences!