“Great location and price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Fruitland Park, Florida
“Great location and price”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed there because our plan was to go beachcombing on Sanibel Island, and the location of the hotel was perfect for the price, the rooms were clean and updated, it was close to shopping, nightlife and food...I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

2 Thank rockinreggie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2012

enjoyed my stay, great tv, and great value considering the area. also enjoyed being so close to Publix and Subway. Found this central to all the areas I wanted to travel to and see.
What I like the best was the convienence to Sanibel and ft myers beach. Being directly on Sumerlin makes a big difference

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here two years ago and again this year at Christmas. The rooms are of nice size with good beds. The pool and hot tub is outstanding. A very nice continental breakfast plus is provided. This includes waffels and hard boiled eggs. Breakfast seating is available both indoors and outdorrs in screened area. Will stay here again in the future.

Pembroke Pines
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I absolutely LOVE LaQuinta for their Pet Policy if for no other reason. We ar allowed to bring our 2 "furry" children with us when we travel. We have been all across the South from Miami to New Orleans and have stayed at LaQuintas the whole way. If I had my choice, I would never stay at another hotel chain again. They are also reasonable priced and their breakfast is deliciuos.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank janetbR2064VY
Panama City Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed December 24, 2012

What I needed a good value close to beaches without beach prices. Close to the interstate food is good clean rooms and we had out 7 lb dog with us.
Checked in a about midnight and staff was helpful checking in.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I picked this place because they were pet friendly. When I walked into my room I was meet with a strong musty odor. I went into the rest room to use the toilet and saw remnants of the last guests bowel movement. Either that, or the maid had used it. Either way, she forgot to clean the toilet. No bag in the garbage can (yuck) and no cable listings telling my what channels they had. But that is nothing compared to the moronic behavior of the staff.

The next morning, I asked the lady at the front desk if it was possible to have an extension on the checkout time. She said yes and that if I needed to keep the room till 6 pm I could for half the normal price. I was going to Sanibel Island and needed to keep my dog at the hotel. I also I asked her if I could extend the time and pay over the phone. I figured if I wasn't done shopping on Sanibel by 1pm I could extend the time on the phone because as you know they charge 6 bucks to get across that bridge each and every time. SO, I go to Sanibel, shop, and decide to extend the room till 6. I call and the lady now tells me they can't take credit cards over the phone. Mind you, it was the same woman who I had talked to earlier. She claims that I payed in cash and they can't do credit cards over the phone. I said "I told you earlier that I paid in cash and you STILL said it would be ok". She replies "Oh, I thought you were going to come up here and pay in person". Lies! Why would I pay in person when I specifically asked if I could pay ON THE PHONE? I had explained in great length and detail that I was going to do it on the phone on Sanibel Island in order to avoid paying more toll for crossing the bridge! I asked her if I could re book the room for the full price. She said "no, you have to do it in person". I said "what if I was traveling and wanted to book a room?" her reply... "you would have to pay when you got here". I said "OK I'll pay when I get there!" "She said " no, you can't do that." * ?!?!?! *

So I ask for the manager. She refuses to help me even though I am begging and pleading. I get in my car, drive all the way back, get my dog, go to the office to check out and the same lady has the nerve to ask me if I want to extend my stay. UH... how about NO. I once again ask her how I would book a room if I was driving from out of town. She, now distracted with the computer, tells me " you can book it over the phone with your credit card". Then she realizes her mistake and looks at me all embarrassed. I just stared at her.

Stay far, far away from this place. You will save yourself a lot of confusion, headaches and being fed a load of ... well, you know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am not sure where all these great reviews are coming from?!? I chose La Quinta because I was traveling through the area with my dog and needed a dog friendly hotel. I should have known better when I heard the too-good-to-be-true low price!!! All looked well on the surface until I turned out the lights to go to sleep. The lights went off and the roaches came out!!! One ran across the tv screen, so I jumped up to kill it and zip up my suitcase. That's when I saw the other two roaches on the wall, the one on the door, and another two on my dogs bed right next to him. If it hadn't been so late (after midnight) when all this happened, after a long day of driving, I would have left in an instant! Instead, it was a long night of roach patrol and very unrestful sleep. I would NEVER EVER stay here again. I understand it is Florida and roaches happen now and then...this was not a now and then roach situation...it was a nasty infestation!

Room Tip: There is a Marriott next door! Spend the extra money it is well worth it!