“Better Then Expected”

Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Hatfield, PA
“Better Then Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2008

I booked with Hotwire for $49. After reading the posts here I was nervous but let me tell you these people that come here and complain are just miserable people. They want the Four Seasons for ten cents. Keep in mind I paid half of what many do with Hotwire but it was worth more then $49 per night. Pool was great. Full breakfast was great. Diane in the breakfast area is a saint and made me want to return just by her being so nice to everyone. Rooms are great. Beds are great - I am 279lbs and need a good bed and these beds were so good I didn’t want to get out. If I was to offer one point it would be to ask for a room on the inside of the complex rather on the outside facing traffic.
Thanks and be confident with this place!

• Liked — Pool and room.
  • Disliked — Outside room facing traffic.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kratz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Brighton, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

We booked this hotel through Hotwire for a good rate and were SO Pleased!!!!!

Our room was nice and spacious with a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker... The rooms were completely renovated and very clean. The continental breakfast was great!

The room was ALSO Quiet, which we loved... We could hear a little traffic outside the room, but overall, it was very peaceful!

My favorite thing about this hotel are the Pool and Hot Tub!!! The Pool was HUGE and warm - 83 degrees, and the HOT TUB was the perfect temperature and very relaxing... We absolutely LOVED it!!!! FYI - The pool is the largest hotel pool in Fort Myers... It was fun doing laps in the morning...

The Hotel is also less than a mile from a nice Public Beach... This beach is MUCH QUIETER than Fort Myers beach, and we enjoyed it more!!!! It's on the street right next to the Hotel and Party store / Gas Station...

The only negative was the little refrigerator... You could hear it running continuously... The maid also forgot to give us more toilet paper, but that's ok... We went to the Front Desk for more...

I'd have to say that I enjoyed this Hotel EVEN MORE than staying at Fort Myers Beach, where the hotels are much more expensive...

La Quinta was quiet, the continental breakfast was great, and the Pool and Hot Tub were amazing!!! We will definitely try to stay here again on Future Visits!!!

FYI - The Hotel is MUCH NICER than the 3 1/2 star TripAdvisor Rating.... Most of the reviews were BEFORE the renovation took place... With the renovation, it should be 4 or 4 1/2 stars... Even my Boyfriend, who is extremely hard to please loved it!

• Liked — I loved that it was QUIET, had a free continental breakfast and a wonderful pool and hot tub!
  • Disliked — The refrigerator buzzed continuously... No big deal though! We loved it here!!!!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2007

We were traveling with our dog to Sanibel Island but upon late arrival at the hotel we found bugs in the room so we left immediately. We needed a room at 11:30pm, remembering that all La Quinta's are pet friendly and that there is one near the bridge to the island, I called and asked if a room was available. I thought since we had a pet they would put us in a non-renovatated or somewhat less nice room. Wrong! They had a room for us and our dog, it was totally renovated and CLEAN. Everything was new and it smelled clean and fresh. Great price and great stay. THANK YOU La Quinta, you were the only good part of our weekend.

Stayed October 2007
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2007

This hotel is pretty decent for the price. we got it really cheap thru priceline and it far exceeded our expectations. Part of the hotel is under renovation but the section we stayed was complete and everything was brand spanking new.

The staff was helpful and courteous. the rooms clean and well kept. The pool and hot tub very nice. No parking fees.

It is about 4-5 miles from the beaches of Sanibel Island so not too far at all. One word of warning though, the Causeway to cross into Sanibel island has a $6 toll to go in. its not a daily toll so if u plan on doing a lot of back and forth then you might be better off staying on the island itself.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank vvj99
sebring fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2007

nice place! My husband and I stayed at the la quinta to be close to both beaches for fishing. It was centrally located between fort myers beach and sanibel. We enjoyed the clean room and large, warm, pool. We would gladly recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed April 2007
Nova Scotia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

We arrived late afternoon with reservations. Paid high price for room overlooking nowhere. Fridge did not work but was replaced by happy and energetic maintenance man. On turning down covers the top sheet looked like it had been in traffic.New sheets delivered by..maintenance man. We made up the bed.Noisy neighbours at 3am called to find out only desk clerk on site. She did eventually get the partiers inside and quiet but we were affraid for her well being. Finally guess who was replentishing the breakfast buffet? Yup, the happy maintenance man.
The pool and it's surroundings were pristine. I think some of our problems could have been avoided if there were more staff .
Hotels.com did refund us a portion of our cost :-) but the experience left us with a dislike for LaQuitas :-(

• Liked — Pool and pool area
  • Disliked — Dirty sheets and NO security at 3AM to deal with rowdy young adults
  • Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2007

We originally booked a stay for 4 nights, but our plans changed so I called their 800 number to adjust the reservation. The CSR was unable to change it, for whatever reason, and said she had to cancel the original and start over. This turned into an ordeal because she then wasn't able to give me the same rate as we had for the original reservation but assure me that if I explained the situation once we got to the hotel, they'd honor the original rate. Of course, this didn't happen and the woman at the desk refused to give me the first rate. It was only a $10 difference but the point was that I wanted the exact same reservation, just 2 nights shorter. We didn't have much time to go and look for another hotel so we sucked it up and stayed.
The room itself was on the run down side and the bathroom could have used a new coat of paint. What really got to us was the carpet, which had quite a few stains and didn't seem clean... we didn't take our shoes off during the stay.
The motel (it is a "motel", not a "hotel")overall was ok, the pool area is great and they offer a happy hour in the afternoon with good deals. The staff overall, other than the woman at the front desk, were very friendly and attentive. I don't regret having stayed there, but I would probably think twice about staying again.

• Liked — pool area
  • Disliked — dirty carpets
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank jeepers31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#10 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway? Share your experiences!