“Should have stayed elsewhere”

Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL
Ranked #49 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Mesquite
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was my first stay here. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. I found that the microwave in my room was not working and upon calling the front desk, had a new one installed in short order. A comfortable bed with plenty of fluffy pillows and a spotless bathroom with good towels contributed to my pleasant stay. Contrary to other reports, I did not see even one bug of any kind in my room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Betty L
judycoleman1, Marketing Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad it was pleasant for you and the staff met all your needs. We do hope you will return again and give us the opportunity to make your next stay enjoyable as well.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was probably the worst room I ever had in my life. I paid but did not stay because it was just impossible. It smelt like someone peed on the wall, dirty carpet and walls, hair in the bed and bath, dirty toulets, noisy airco, no babybed while it was booked, rude staff. Do not stay here!!

judycoleman1, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. Had you brought your concerns to the front desk staff we could have moved you to a different room. Your other concerns will be addressed with the appropriate staff. I apologize that you did not receive the baby bed you ordered I am sure it was an oversight on our part. I also apologize for you thinking our staff was rude to you that is not the impression the owner of the hotel wants to give our guest. We do appreciate your business and your comments and do hope you will give us another chance to make your next visit a more enjoyable one.

Howard Johnson Staff
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked this place for 2 nights and was put in a room that had roaches in it! I took a dead bug to the offce and was told it did not come from their room! After a short walk we were moved to the room right next to the one with bugs!

Guess what?? that room had bugs too! So the next day I called Hotel.com and was moved to another hotel! The guy in the office told hotels.com that the roaches where from my dog! REALLY!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
judycoleman1, Marketing Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, however we do make all attempts to make sure all rooms are clean and free of insects. Unfortunately in Florida that is quite a challenge but every attempt is made. We do hope in the future you will give us another try to make your stay a more pleasant one.

Howard Johnson Staff