“Not pleasant experience”

Ranked #50 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Treasure Island, Florida
“Not pleasant experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Really unpleasant experience! I DIDN'T stay there and the only reason was the people at the front desk - the Russian girl Oksana was MEAN and olso the Indian lady working at night.... REALLY UNPROFESSIONAL! Across the street there is La Guinta Inn - very confortable beds, it was a better option anyway.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AntoniaShopova
Divyang P, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for the review. We constantly strive to keep up our staff to provide the highest customer service experience. Unfortunately, we feel very sorry if we could not please you 100% during your stay at the hotel. We would like you to give us another opportunity to provide you a completely satisfied stay in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I booked a two night stay through Travelocity and was excited about the deal. We checked in, went to a baseball game then came back. The room was barely clean and we had to plug in all the appliances. The walls are absolutely paper thin! We heard everything that the people next door were saying. They were just having a casual conversation and it sounded like they were in the room with us!! I then went to the front office and politely complained. Jocelyn, the clerk and night, told me if I didn't like the room I can "check out and get the hell out of here" in her words. I asked to speak to the manager. She called him and then said to me he will not come to talk to me! We refused to leave until we spoke with him, so he finally came down. He wasn't even a manager! Turns out this MOTEL is run by a crooked Indian family...once they have your money... your out of luck.

We paid $120 to stay at a Best Western down the street for a few hours. I called Corporate to complain, they never called back. When I followed up with them, they said they would not issue me a refund for the first night.

DO NOT GIVE THE HOWARD JOHNSON YOUR CASH! IT'S CHEAP FOR A REASON! YOU WILL END UP AT ANOTHER HOTEL I PROMISE YOU!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anna c
I appreciate time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you to matter will be looked into. We constantly strive to keep up our staff to provide the highest customer service experience. Unfortunately, we feel very sorry if we could not please you during your stay at the hotel. Your concern will allow me the opportunity to reinforce our procedures with each front desk employee. Please allow us the opportunity to serve you again in future.
Miami
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Faulty electicity in the room. Fire alarm ripped out of the wall. Shower knobs were so bad I could not turn off the water without their assistance. Charged the wrong credit card at checkout and would not assist me. Terrible "breakfast" all carbs and sugar. For 70.00 you have GOT to be kidding (with tax almost 80.00). Never again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
I wanted to apologize that your stay was a disappointing one. We pride ourselves on extending the best quality of service to all of our guests and ensuring that they have a most enjoyable stay. We will certainly look into the inconveniences you experienced and take corrective measures to make sure such lapses do not repeat themselves. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you in future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed here as a last resort as everything else was sold out. The motel needs some serious repairs or a bulldozer. Run down and dirty. Nothings works as expected. Smoke detector in room was missing. Only a couple of wires hung out of the wall. Neither was the clock or the phone working. Our room came with a view of a lovely garbage dump. This is exactly the kind of motel you see on tv when they arrest the drug dealers.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and write a review . Every day we strive to make sure all our guests are satisfied and certainly want to apologize that in your case we failed not only live up to your expectations but the ones we set for ourselves. You can certainly rest assured that your review will be discussed with our team so that corrective actions are taken to improve our service. I again apologize and hope that we can serve you in future for your future lodging needs.
Aberdeen, Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had a great day at the Howard Johnson's in Fort Meyers, Florida. There were three couples, so we occupied three rooms. The first "plus" was that they were able to get us rooms next to one another. The rooms were large, there were two additional chairs for sitting. There were very nice refrigerators and micro waves in them. The beds were comfortable and CLEAN. One of the perks was the continental breakfast, it included hot waffles! We had been traveling for 16 days in Florida, so have seen our share of "continenteal breakfasts". So it was a nice surprise to be offered a hot breakfast, including two kinds of juice and cold and hot cereal. We would definately stay with them again. We really enjoy the Fort Meyers area, so we will see them again. Bob and Susan

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan G
Thank you for your review. We here at Howard Johnson Inn love seeing guests responses posted online. I am glad to see that we were able to be a part of your vacation. It is one of the best parts of this job seeing guests creating lasting memories at our hotel. I am equally delighted that you found our amenities & breakfast to be top-notch. Every day I witness our staff go above and beyond in the service they provide our guests. We are lucky to have them on our team and I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Thank you again and we look forward to providing your lodging needs the next time you travel to Fort Myers, Florida.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2012

LOL... due to some glitch in the wiring, when I turned out the lights at night the TV would come on. This happened every night I was there....

Now, the room was OK. Nothing fancy but clean and I slept well since the beds were decent. You could tell that the repairs and renovations were "kept within the family". Not professionally done, if you know what I mean. My big complain was the 1980s 19" TV. Terrible reception. With the cost of newer TVs coming down, they need to replace them. My next complaint will be the WiFi. This was frequently down. When I complained to the front desk, a person who spoke little English managed to convey that he was working on it. The breakfast was good but the dining room only had 5 tables... people were standing around all over the lobby either waiting for a seat or eating standing up.... which was not easy with waffles. Hey, it is cheap so you get what you pay for... but it wasn't all that bad.

Room Tip: If you need WiFi... stay in a room closer to the office.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business