“What else could I need....”

Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Liège
“What else could I need....”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

First time in Florida, for a business trip. I choose the Crowne Plaza based on advices of colleagues....and also because the Crowne Plaza was rated by my company and part of the prefferencial fee politics of my company.

This hotel is certainly one the of best of all the hotel I stayed for my business trips. Staff was customer oriented at all levels and the service second to none. The hotels sits along the 41 rd, easy to reach from the airport, offering plenty of paking places and close to the Bell Tower mall which offer plenty of restaurant within 5 minutes. The Shoeless Joe bar, close to the lobby, offers a nice alternative with good food at moderate prizes.

Breakfast buffet was really nice as well.

Rooms are clean and comfortable with wireless acces, which was great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thank you very much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location here at the Bell Tower Shops is a wonderful advantage for our guests who enjoy shopping, movies or a variety of dining within walking distance of their room. And I am happy you found our Shoeless Joe's Sports Cafe to your liking as well. Thank you for the kind remarks about our staff. Our team here takes great pride in making certain every guest need is responded too. I will be certain to share your kind words with them and we look forward to having you back as our guest again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Houston
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers has to be the best hotel in Ft. Myers. The staff is very friendly, rooms overly spacious and clean and they have a great Restaurant with a very inviting and fun atmosphere. The wireless internet and personal wake up call provided a great touch to my stay. My business sends me to south Florida 4-5 times a year and I think I just found my new hotel of choice for all future trips.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our property. I will make certain to share them with our entire staff, which I know they will appreciate. It has become our goal to make every guest stay a positive and memorable experience. Thank you for being our guest and we will look forward to having you back again soon.
Newton, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed here on a recent business trip, and was pretty satisfied with my stay. I'd stayed in other Crowne Plazas around the country on previous business trips, and this hotel is comparable or better than the others I've seen -- it is fresh & vibrant, located in a great spot with many nearby restaurants and shops, and employees are friendly and helpful. I had dinner at the on-premises sports pub, which was quite good by pub food (and hotel food) standards, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well. Only complaint was that I've never seen a hotel gym this small, and in fact some of the equipment among its limited supply wasn't working. I was only there a couple days though, so this wasn't a huge problem, but if I was there longer, it would've been annoying.

Probably won't be back to Ft. Myers for work, but if I am, I would look forward to staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed the location and services of our hotel. Our staff works hard at making every guest stay a positive experience and it is always nice to know when we have been successful. Your comments concerning our fitness room are noted. And we do offer guests complimentary access to a nearby fitness facility that desire a more rigorous and expanded workout. We hope to see you back with us again soon and safe travels.
Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My sister and I recently stayed here to celebrate my birthday. We had such a wonderful time. We stayed on the 5th floor. The beds were AMAZING - I seriously could have stayed in bed all day. We had a continental breakfast with tons of fresh fruit and delicious muffins every day. The server was nice and helpful. All of the staff was nothing but courteous. I would definitely stay here again - not one complaint. Even the weather cooperated with us for those few days - blue skies and 70 degrees. A welcome respite from the blizzard like conditions back home.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank psalms139
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
We are delighted that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our Sleep Advantage beds. I was especially pleased to here that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I will make certain to share your kind remarks with our entire team. I know that they will appreciate hearing them. We hope to see you back in Fort Myers soon. Stay warm and thanks again for letting us know about your stay.
Michigan
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This is a great hotel and it is close to everything!! The service was excellent and the hosts were very nice! The beds are very comfortable, the pool is very nice also. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and our pool area here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers. We are continually working to make every guest stay one that will make them look forward to making a return visit. Your kind remarks will be shared with our tema members.
detroit
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel, everything was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
Thank you for letting us know that you had such a great stay. Our dedicated team takes great pride in making every guest stay an enyable experience and one that will bring you back again. Your remarks are important to all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and will be shared with our team. We hope you will return again soon.
South Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Very accomodating staff! Pleasant hotel - we enjoyed our stay. The other posts about the strange mildewy smell are correct - the whole hotel had this smell - it wasn't a bad smell but it certianly wasnt a good smell either!! The rooms have been upgraded with granite bathrooms (original floor tile though - odd) and flatscreen TVs. Lots of nice extras such as a magnifying make-up mirror, a refridgerator, chocolates! Whoever decorated the hotel has no taste - the decor is modern but ugly. But all the furnishings (especially the beds) are very comfortable. Small but pleasant pool area. Busy, fun sports bar. Hotel is located next to an open-air mall with nice stores and restaurants. Lots of convenient self-parking at hotel and free internet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sudsysarah
On behalf of our entire team here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers I wish to thank you for taking the time to review our ohotel and let us know that you enjoyed our service and facilities. During the peak of rainy season here in Florida we do sometimes experience a dampness that we work hard to identify and control and we will continue to do so. I am very glad that you were happy that you chose our hotel and appreciate your kind remarks. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.