“Great value and friendly staff”

Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great value and friendly staff”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel has always been the hotel I stay in when I come to Ft. Myers. I can joyously say, nothing has changed. The staff is and remains friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location is perfect. Despite my recent poor dining experience at Blue Pointe, I will return to the Crowne Plaza. It is nice to come in and smell the popcorn in the lobby, the club lounge in the morning before a round of golf. I can count on these things despite being disappointed by other places, the Crowne Plaza remains as good as it always has been. Thank you for this.

Room Tip: This time we were in room 325, which is a connecting double bed room, but the view is over the patio...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julietp37
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Julietp37,
On behalf of the entire team here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers, thank you for the nice review regarding your most recent stay with us. It is always rewarding to hear from our long time returning guests that they enjoy our property and location here at the Bell Tower Shops. I regret that the Blue Point restaurant at the Shops let you down this time, but I am happy to hear our staff made your stay the enjoyable experience we work to deliver to all our guests. We will keep the popcorn cooking for you too. Until the next time we wish you safe and happy travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Top notch service. Extremely friendly staff, always welcome me back. Comfortable bedding and great location. Hot breakfast and happy hour. I go out of my way to stay here. Best property for them money in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike B
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mike B,
WOW! We care delighted to hear how much you enjoy staying here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and we thank you for the very kind remarks about your recent stays with us. Our staff works hard to respond quickly and affirmatively to all requests and we are glad to know you found that to be the case. We hope to continue to be your place to stay when in Ft. Myers and just let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stays more comfortable. Thanks again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We've stayed here a number of times as part of the MN Twins Fantasy Baseball Camp. It is close to the ballpark and comfortable. We did have two problems: The mirror in the bathroom crashed while we were out (fortunately). It was quickly cleaned up. The frig was too cold and froze our fruit and soft drinks. I could find no control to adjust it. I could have asked for help, but were almost ready to check out, so I let it go. Everything else was very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan S
Dear Joan S,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. We love our MN Twins fans and fantasy campers! It is always a fun week when you folks come to visit. Our sincere apologies for the mishap with the mirror in your room and I am glad we were able to attend to that quickly. We will also follow-up on that colder than needed fridge. We thank you and all the campers for having been our guests and look forward to your return soon. Stay warm up there in MN and safe travels.
Burton, Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at The Crowne Plaza as they were one of the host hotels for a baseball tournament I was playing in, and they were offering a discounted rate of $105/nt. I don't need much - a clean, QUIET room, a comfortable bed, and a decent place to eat. The room and bed were great. Even though I was on the first floor, I heard absolutely no noise from the lobby or the attached sports bar. The sports bar, "Shoeless Joe's" was an ok place to grab a beer, but not recommended for good food. Fortunately, there are a multitude of really good restaurants within walking distance at the adjacent outdoor mall. So all of my needs were met. I also spent some time at pool side enjoying the sunshine (it was below zero at home). The sun disappears from the pool area in the afternoon, but mornings were great.

Room Tip: First floor worked for me. Should be fine as long as you're far enough away from the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Gary P
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Gary P,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza this past week. It was also good to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and quiet of your room. While I wish our sports cafe could have won you over, we were happy that you found our location with over a dozen restaurants with in easy walking distance was convenient. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again. We love our ball teams and wish you safe and enjoyable travels.
Thanks again!
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

As usual, during a business trip to Ft. Myers, I had the pleasure of staying at the Crowne plaza in the Bell Tower Shops. From start to finish, it was an excellent experience. there were some new faces but the high level of service was the same. First, Sarah H. is the best. Her attention to customer service is unequalled. Secondly, Caitlin, on the 5th floor, is great at what she does. Her outgoing personality and friendly smile are just what it needed up there. Whenever I travel to Ft. Myers, this is where I stay and it is because of the people that work here that I do.

Dear richm556,
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. I will be certain to make sure that Sarah and Caitlan hear about how much you enjoy their great service. Our staff works diligently to make each guest stay a special one and respond as quickly as possible when called upon. It is always nice to hear when we have been successful in making a guest stay enjoyable, especially for those like yourself that keep coming back. We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you safe travels.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Right in the middle of a shopping strip mall, cinemas, restaurant, etc! Walk to everything! Old hotel, but decently kept up. I have stayed here for many years and will continue. SAFE! Ample parking and restaurant onsite.....pool area is nice. Shuttle service as well! I would have given this more stars, except that it is an older property....but a great place to stay! Highly recommend!

1 Thank MavisJarvis
Dear Mavis Jarvis,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your latest stay with us and thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff, pool area, and especially safety. The Bell Tower Shops do offer some fantastic dining and shopping and all just foot steps from our front door. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed that opportunity. Hopefully with the future improvements we have planned for later this year we can get an extra star or two out of you on a future review. Until then.... safe travels.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We love this hotel! After moving away from the Fort Myers Area, we have been visiting on a monthly basis, for both business and family visits. We have found the rooms, the services, and the Executive level amenities to be uniformly excellent, Every Time! This is important to us. Also, whenever we have a special need, it is addressed promptly, no matter if it is a lost pair of sunglasses or a reservation I made incorrectly. This staff understands Travelers like me!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing South. We always stay on the Executive Level, when available.
Green Features: Good environmental practices. A/C controls are excellent.
1 Thank Craig M
Dear Greg M,
Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and we couldn't be happier that you have found a "new home" here when you return to visit. Our staff takes great care in making certain that each guest stay is a special and we love to add a little extra to each stay whenever we can. We also appreciate hearing that you enjoyed our Club Level floor. Many of our guests have told us that too. We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you safe travels.