Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The front desk night staff was polite and professional. The rooms and hotel were clean, even the cleaning staff was very friendly. Rooms were very nice, i had an excellent view. I felt comfortable in this room in a matter of minutes. I won't stay anywhere else when i visit Ft Myers unless its directly on the beach but those prices are 50% higher. (minimum)

Room Tip: I highly doubt there's a bad room in the place. It was fancy, at an excellent price. Every time...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Eric C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers. It was nice to hear that your accommodations have always been clean and comfortable and that you have found the staff friendly and enjoyable. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team members. We look forward to having you back as our guest again soon and we wish you a happy holiday season and new year!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I love this Crowne Plaza. They are the friendliest most courteous staff of any hotel I have ever stayed in when I am away from home working in Fort Myers. Jay, Julie and Roe always greet me with a smile and ask how my day has been. When I leave for work and come back to the hotel they always say hello and ask how is my stay and do I need anything. Sara who is now a manager in the back still making a point of greeting me when she sees me. Housekeeping is fantastic and greets me. Like the title says I always stay at the Crowne Plaza Bell Towers whenever I am in Fort Myers or Cape Coral. I even stay there when I have work in Venice or Punta Gorda, it is worth the extra drive time past all those other hotels.
I am even staying there (Second Home) tomorrow checking out Thursday and looking forward to it even though I have to work.

Dear Owltobein4,
WOW! What a nice review and thank you for your kind remarks about our staff, specifically Julie, Sarah, Roe and Jay. I know they all take great pride in making every guest stay the very best it can be and we are delighted to here we are a "home away from home" for you. I will certainly make sure that our entire team here knows that you are enjoying your stays and we thank you very much for choosing to be our guest, especially knowing the large area you cover here in SWFL. Have a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to seeing you in the new year!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times along with going to a special event banquet and I have always enjoyed it very much. The rooms are very nice and even though it is in the parking lot of a shopping center it has one of the nicest pools in town. It has a waterfall and is situated in a beautiful tropical environment. Great for a getaway or if you have relatives visiting and the breakfast in the morning for the Club Level is very nice. Service is great and the staff is all very friendly and accommodating. It is very well situated for both business and pleasure trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Mark M,
It is so nice to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stays here at the Crowne plaza Ft. Myers and we thank you very much for taking the time to complete a TA review. It was especially nice hearing how much you enjoy our staff as well as our location here at the Bell Tower Shops. We hear from many of our guests that with all that there is to do within a short walk of the hotel, they really enjoy our location. Thank you for having been our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great staff,very friendly. Rooms are nice and comfortable.Stayed on the 5th floor. BUT..the water pressure in the shower is weak and is terrible. Not taking a shower with adequate pressure is not the way I like to start off my morning.Sports bar in the hotel was OK nothing great. Outdoor bar area very dirty. Staff seems to take care of the locals pretty good, not so much for the hotel guests.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms on lower floors have better water pressure in shower.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear BIGPHUN,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review from your recent stay with us and while I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our service team, I do apologize we did not do a better job in making a positive impression with our outdoor deck and sports cafe. I will certain share those comments with our team to see we work on improving. We do hope that you will come back and see us again soon and let us know how we are doing. Thank you again for having been our guest.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I love this hotel. I travel on business fairly often to Fort Myers and this is my "go to" hotel of choice. The Crowne Plaza has rooms specifically geared toward female travelers. It's so nice after a day of travel and business to rest in one of these rooms. I feel as though I'm "home" when I stay in this room. King size bed, magazines that would be in my own home, the bathroom has everything you need with regard to toiletries specifically geared toward the female traveler. Add to that close proximity to upscale shopping, movie theatre, attractions, etc. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. The staff at this hotel are always friendly and helpful. When I'm in Fort Myers, there is no question where I'll stay................ Crowne Plaza

Room Tip: If you're a female traveler, ask for the female traveler room. You won't be disappointed.
1  Thank CYN651
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear CYN651,
Thank you very much for your review of the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers and we are happy to hear how much you enjoy staying with us. Thank you also for the kine review of our special "Women's Traveler Rooms" that feature special amenities just for the woman traveler. We have had many favorable remarks about these rooms and hope to ad more in the future. Additionally we thank you for the nice comments you had about our staff. It is our goal to make each and every guest stay a great experience. We will look forward to seeing you again soon and safe and happy travels to you!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza hotel in Fort Meyers at Bell Towers Shops. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza 3 nights November 4, 5 and 6th. We were on the 5th floor Club Level. The room was clean and spacious and the whole floor was quiet. We had a free breakfast each morning with the basics of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, oven potatoes, biscuits and gravy and a variety of fruit and cereals. Coffee and orange juice was also complementary. Each evening we had 2 for one drinks and later in the evening we had fresh made hot cookies and milk or coffee. When I asked if I could extent the check out a few hours because of my schedule it was no problem for the front office to extend my check out time.

Room Tip: Select the Club Level. No children allowed. It's nice and quite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Roy W,
We are delighted to hear that your enjoyed your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and that you were able to enjoy the amenities offered in our Club Lounge. We have many guests that tell us that is a special point of difference they enjoy that most other hotels do not offer. It was also good to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful and able to help you with your request for a late checkout. We hope that we will see you again soon and thank you very much for being our guest and taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Ft. Meyers.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

An excellent hotel experience! Fifth floor is delightful and very quiet. customer service was wonderful- everyone truly went out of their way to make my stay a pleasure. Breakfast, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Cold food and disinterested servers- definitely not worth the $$. Restaurant was good for lunch and dinner. Lots to do around there, too! This is my go-to hotel in Ft. Myers- won't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mellieb6123

Dear Mellieb6123,
It was great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers and that we have become your "GO-TO" hotel when in Ft. Myers. Thank you for completing this review and we were glad to hear you enjoyed our staff, service and Club Level lounge. I will also be certain to see that we work on our breakfast offering and service, that should not have been the experience you received. Our entire team looks forward to having you back again soon and please stop by and say hello. Thank you again.