“The only good thing about this place was the hotel staff...”

Days Inn Fort Myers
Ranked #53 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The only good thing about this place was the hotel staff. They were very friendly and tried to help correct all the problems that we had encountered. When we went into our FIRST hotel room, there were bedbugs. When we went into our SECOND hotel room, there were bedbugs. The THIRD hotel room, we didn't see any, but who really knows. So overall, we didn't want to stay in our room more than we had to, so we decided to go swimming at the pool. The pool was disgusting! It didn't look like it had been cleaned at all.

If this hotel would have been clean and bug free, then this would have been a great deal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura J
judycoleman1, Marketing Manager at Days Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the problems you encountered. Rest assured your concerns will be addressed. We do have our hotel treated on a monthly basis and I do apologize for the problems. We have our pool serviced on a regular basis and I am sorry it was not up to your satisfaction. We will be doing some upgrades to the hotel as well as the swimming pool and hope you will come and see the changes we are making and to give us another opportunity to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Respectfully

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow, this is a very filfthy establishment. It should be red tagged to not be used. I asked for a copy of my receipt which was pre-payed through priceline and the staff did not want to provide. I worked hard to get a copy of the receipt. I was told that the manager would have to get this to me. Well, when I got the receipt (prepaid), I looked at it and was charged to a different card from a different state. I realized that this may be a HUGE SCAM, I notified my financial institution about this, they were concerned. I will be notifying Corporate Days Inn and also the State of Florida, Secretary of State about this place. Actually never stayed there, looked around, saw how terrible the conditions were and left. The rooms look like the projects.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Smith59929

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your experience at the Days Inn Ft. Myers. Your concerns will be addressed with the appropriate staff. I would like to address your concerns regarding getting a receipt when booked through a third party. When a room is booked through a third party it is part of our contract that they give the guest the receipt. However if you did an upgrade or had any incidentals then we could have provided you with a receipt for the amount you paid us direct. It is not a scam it is part of the contract we have with our outside sources. We are in the process of doing some upgrades to our hotel and hope you would consider giving us another opportunity to make you stay a more pleasant one.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I went to Ft. Myers, Florida for my cousin's graduation.We reserved a 5 night stay, on the second day our air conditioner started leaking inside our room. I informed the front desk of this right away, however no one came to fix it until our 4th day, then asking us if we would like another room. I requested a baby bed for my one year old son, and was assured one would be in our room. Someone delivered a pack and play, but we were unable to use it, because it was dirty beyond clorox wipe cleanup(caked on food on the net sides, a femine product stuck on the leg, and trash on the inside) I put my son in the bed with me the first night, then asked for another one. I was assured a new clean one would be delivered to my room. The second one delivered was just as dirty, with what looked like pee stains on it. Not able to depend on the hotel, we went to Walmart and had to buy a new one. Our room said no smoking, but my blanket had cigarette holes in it. Our room had the carpet coming up from around the side of the walls. A safe is located in your room for your convenience and use, but they do not tell you online that they are going to charge you daily for it. My cousin and I were given one price with our confirmation number online, but when we checked in it was a higher price-when we asked the front desk person about this, they told us that the online price had the tax wrong so we would have to pay the new price. One of the staff members was very nice, and took notes of my complaints, and said she would speak to the Manager about maybe working something out for us due to our problems, but the manager never contacted us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosanna H

Thank you for taking the time to post your response regarding your stay at the Days Inn Ft. Myers. Your concerns will certainly be addressed with the necessary staff. I do apologize you had so many problems with your stay and that your concerns were not addressed immediately. However we are in the process of doing some upgrades to the property and hope you will give us another chance to make your next stay a more pleasant one. The Days Inn has a great location to the mall and many fine dining restaurants. Again, I do apologize that you were unhappy with your stay with us and do hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a better experience for you.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The stay at this hotel was nice for a one night . More than that is not nice for ladies . no bathroom space at all. I didn't agree paying 27.00 for parking across from hotel.one elevator ,which that operation sucks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. Your comments will certainly be addressed regarding the elevator. Unfortunately we cant do much about the size of the bathrooms, but I will pass on your concerns. I don't understand why you had to pay for parking when our hotel has approximately 125 parking spaces. I am sorry you did not feel safe here at the hotel. We don't want any of our female guest to feel uncomfortable and I will see what we can do to change the situation. We are in the process of doing some upgrades to our property and do hope you will come back and give us the opportunity to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is horrendous.The room was very dirty,garbage under the bed,smelled bad,stains on the carpet and furniture.You felt claustrophobic,because the room was very small and dingy.The common areas had no plants or flowers(which is very unusual for Florida;the only flowers were on the ugly bed spread.) The parking lot had litter everywhere and had a bad odor.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria P

Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry you had a bad experience with us. Rest assured that your concerns will be addressed with the necessary staff. Here at the Days Inn we are in the process of making some changes that once they are completed will enhance the hotel and its accommodations. With the location of the hotel you have many great opportunities for shopping and fine dining. We do hope you will visit us again and give us another opportunity to make your next stay a more pleasant one.

Reviewed May 24, 2013