“Good not Great”

Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is your typical new courtyard with a nice lobby and updated rooms that is the reason I stay at them so often. The night I was there the elevator was broken, not a huge deal because its a two story property but of course its one of the few times on a biz trip I had a ton of stuff. Front desk guy was nice enough to comp my wheat thins without being asked and the breakfast staff was good despite being very busy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

We apreciate you bearing with us during the elevator being out of service and apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your comments regarding our Bistro staff. I will be sure to pass the on.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband travels a lot for business and is a Marriott loyal customer. Only stays in Marriotts. I decided to get out of the cold and travel with him the week of January 13th. Booked two nights at the cape coral property. A few things:
- Lobby is awesome.
- Staff is very friendly and helpful.
- I'm a bit surprised that others didn't say much about the rooms. They are very loud/noisy compared to other Courtyards we gave stayed at. We could hear every word the guests next to us said and the hallway noise was a bit overwhelming. I got to hear the "Duck Commander" ring tone go off several times from guest next to us.
- Rooms were clean and spacious.
- As mentioned by others, the hotel layout is a bit different... separated by a center courtyard/pool that makes it a little harder to navigate.
- Exercise room average for a Courtyard. Two treadmills and an eliptical. However, the equipment was absolutely filthy. I don't think it has ever been cleaned. In fact, when I was wiping down my machine after I used it, the gentlemen in the room said, "don't bother - the machines are disgusting!"
- Also, we stayed in room 255... little to no water pressure in the shower.

I'm not a hotel snob by any means... as long as the rooms/property are clean, I'm fine. Doubt we'd come back here... overall = C.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Wiscmo
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time write and am glad overall you were pleased with the hotel. We appreciate your feedback whether good or bad as it helps us improve our service.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here for four days over our Christmas vacation 2013. The place was absolutely beautiful. The suite was roomy and very clean. the beds very comfortable.The courtyard warm, welcoming and amazingly gorgeous, the pool a wonderful 82 degrees. To top all that off the staff was so very accommodating. They were friendly, helpful and made us feel like family. Hats off to Paul Jackson and his staff !!! Would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you to all of you!

Room Tip: loved the first floor poolside one bedroom suite
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves at the hotel and were able to use our heated pool.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

About 8 miles from the airport. Arrived quite late from Key West and staff was friendly and gave us a choice of floors for our room. Parking was easy and near our assess door to the hotel. Had a quiet night. Both lobby and room were quite clean. Bistro breakfast was on par for most Courtyards now.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for the compliments! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Clean, great location and super friendly staff. Quiet rooms and nice lay out. They upgraded our room without even requesting.
You can walk about 50 feet to the Ale House restaurant chain next door for am awesome meal too.
Strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again!
Debbie Kennedy, General Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard for 5 nights in this October and were pleasantly surprised given the negative reviews posted here. We were warmly greeted. In fact, they allowed us to check in early and were very accommodating with our choice of room location. The lobby of this hotel is quite nice, very current in design. Plenty of sitting areas, a Tv and a cafe.

We had 3 of us sharing a room with a king size bed and a pullout sofa. Our preference would have been 2 doubles, but at the time of making the reservation they were not available.
The room was clean, fresh, and updated. (they were in the process of painting the outside of the hotel when we arrived). We did find the room quite small. When the sofa bed was pulled out, it left very little room for moving around. Getting out of bed from the far side of the king, i had some difficulty maneuvering into the bathroom, and I'm in pretty good shape. One time I ran into a small cocktail table. Another time, my son had thrown a few cushions to the wall side side of the king and i tripped. There weren't many options for him to put the cushions. The sofa bed was comfortable for a young adult.

The hotel property was pleasant. The courtyard was enticing with the pool and a nice sitting area.

Breakfast is not included in your stay at this hotel. Instead, they offer a cafe. At first, I was not happy with the idea, but it grew on us. We eat healthier than most and became quite impressed with the menu at the cafe. My son was able to get his burger, while my husband and I were able to find a nice kale salad. Breakfast had great choices as well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway. There is quite a bit of road noise. Although, you will ge...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank l1i2s3a

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. I'm happy you enjoyed The Bistro and lobby areas.

Debbie Kennedy

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had reviewed this Courtyard previously and believe I gave it a very good rating. My last visit though was not a good experience. Let me say at this time we stayed on the North side of the facility versus the South side which could have contributed to the problems we had. All night we could hear toilets being flushed, doors being slammed and children in the room above running across the room. In other words the insulation throughout this side of motel is simply not very good. Finally at about 3 A.M. we got to sleep only to be awakened at approximately 7:30 by more flushing toilets and other guests taking showers. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tim P

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Although I am very sorry for the noise issues in your room from the other travelers during the late night. I understand how important it is to provide a good night's rest to our guests. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you, please call me directly at the hotel to discuss.

Debbie Kennedy