Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$89
$113
$104
Hampton.com
$119
$107
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$69
CandlewoodSuites
$250
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Rock Lake Resort(Fort Myers)(Great Value!)
$69
$105
$109
$98
All reviewsmurder mystery trainmystery dinnermiller's ale housecourtyard viewcourtyard by marriottlobby areacape coralfront desk staffincluded breakfastfirst floornice poolconvenient locationnice stayseminolerenovationleegulf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I used to love to stay here but that is no longer the case. My last stay at this place left me asking “Is this a motel or a hotel" - it is more a motel than a hotel in my opion.

There have been a few changes here and I think most of them are for the worse than the better.

The foyer was really ran down before and had the feel of a nursing home foyer before, has been refurnished and whilst it now has a very comtemporary business edge to it the hotel is definitely not a business hotel. The main target market seems to be transit guests and groups - either seniors or school groups. If you are awere of this and book in light of this you will have a good stay. I wasnt and had a disappointing stay.

The average price of 70dollars per night doesnt include breakfast -which used to be buffet breakfast and for the price of 15dollars that was resonable value. It is no longer buffet but a Starbucks coffee - your breakfast is now 20dollars and whilst staff here is lovely...sadly you get much better value at the McDonalds across the road...There is however still no kitchen in the hotel – whilst the manager will disagree but in my humble opinion serving a chicken ceasar sandwich for dinner and cooking a omlette in the morning doesn’t mean there is a kitchen! Neither is warming up frozen pizza – when they would cook salmon or pasta there on site then they have a kitchen. Food options are either the pub next door or DQ a bit further down the road or to drive somewhere else or to order in....I have never been to Mariott which hasnt got a kitchen and in-room dining!

There is swimming pool however I have never seen it being cleaned or a water filtering system running – it did look reasonably clean.. There is signage listing some rules regarding pool usage such as no drinks or no diving or no night swimming - however these rules can be completely ignored, management doesn’t check at all. The front desk is in the foyer and there are curtains blocking the view to the pool - they have no clue what is going on outside in the courtyard.

The place used to have a spa - not anymore. It is closed for refurbishment a sad sign on the door says it will host the new improved gym. Which is not a bad idea given the "24/7 gym" is currently nothing else but 2 treadmills and 1 eliptic trainer right next door to the guest laundry. and it is not 24/7 as the Mariott branded ad shows -in the lift- but 9am till 10pm..Unfortunately these "differences" can mean a lot for business travellers.

There used to be vending machines on the floor - they have been removed from the ice maker room. Now if you want to get a bottle of soft drink you have to go all the way to the receiption.
There used to be tourism brochures on a stand on the ground floor. This has been removed and no longer there. Yep there is a digital info board - a TV screen with the same info -weather, roads- but the tourism stand is gone.

This is the only Mariott I came across where there is no complimentary bottles of water provided for Mariott Rewards Members. The water from the tap tastes funny - worse than what I tasted in Delhi - locals told me it is because the area gets hard water,which is fine but then why not provide bottled water?

Airconditioning is on full blast in the foyer - which might be nice in the hot Florida climate but when the temprature is about 15C then people dont want to hang out in the foyer or sit right next to the fireplace (Thank God for that fireplace!)
Staff is nice but during most interactions I walked away feeling I am dealing with trainees, which I wouldn't have minded if someone told me beforehand...

The hotel is noisy. Its location is noisy, the courtyard is noisy and ther rooms themselves are noise. You hear every toilet flush from your neighbor. You listen to the bar fridge -empty as ther is no minibar- yet very noisy. The walls have zero noise cancellation - you can hear every word said in the adjascent room. Every word.

I used to like this hotel but given the recent bad experience I had I decided not staying here again once back in town..

Room Tip: There are no quiet rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SydneyTravelalot
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Please contact myself, or another member of our management team directly at your earliest convenience to discuss your stay. You can reach me at (239) 275-8600 extension 601.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Was a nice hotel. Good location and easy to make it to both the Red Sox and Twins ballparks for spring trainning games. Front desk staff was nice, and room was cleaned every day. Good place right next door for a drink and dinner. Tried to use the hotel for breakfast one morning after the gym the lady said they were done with breakfast at 9:45am?? Only issue with stay, so not that big of deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

I do apologize you were not able to get breakfast and will review with my staff. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next year during spring training

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just finished a stay here on a business trip. The staff service was quite good and the room was what I've come to expect from Marriott. It's a little hard getting in and out of the property unless you are coming from the East. The breakfast was overpriced so I did not partake.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kwalkerk

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Fort Myers.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

After a hard day of work I was really looking forward to a spa, unfortunately they have decided to rip out the hot tub to make a larger fitness center. Needless to say I was not happy.
The check in was friendly and easy. The room was remodeled and clean. Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner was great.
Now for the things that really matter: The bed was too firm, the sheets were scratchy, the walls were really, really thin. I could hear everything in the other rooms. The road noise was very bad as I was on the road side. There was no complimentary breakfast.
I would not stay there again. There are too many other hotels in the area that offer better amenities.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing on Colonial Ave.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sandiie
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I am glad to hear your arrival experience was good. Yes our hotel was fully reovated the end of 2012 and although we do not offer a free breakfast we do offer Starbucks coffee and fresh made to order breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our visit was smooth and pleasant from check-in to late departure. The staff was accommodating and the accommodations were as you expect from Marriott. We loved the bistro area where we could relax in a private booth and order a glass of wine. After dinner out, the apple-crisp was a very sweet tasty touch for two. Only complaint was that the room coffee was only decaf (^#^@Q) and there was no free coffee in the lobby. Correct that and it's a pretty perfect 10 for the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CYMETRO, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers Cape Coral, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Fort Myers. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and utilized our Bistro. If you get an opportunity please share your opinion of Courtyard by Fort Myers at www.tripadvisor.com/reviewit . Thank you so much!

Sunny regards,