“Great value for price”

Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Orlando, Florida
“Great value for price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Clean and newly remodeled. Although it is remodeled and painted, it still has that old style to it. Close to everything! Great location, great value, and quiet.We have two small children but the rooms were large enough for a pack and play and still have a table with chairs, two beds, and a microwave and refrigerator. I also felt very safe at this location unlike other motels we have been to in the past. The area didn't seem like it was crime ridden, especially for a city of it's size. We have family in the area and will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
rakmanu, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Stacey

Thank you very much for your comment.We work very hard to provide a safe and secure environment.We hope to see you and your friends & family again.

Rakesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This motel is super. We came to visit Sanibel and the beaches...but alas with late planning and limited budget we could not find housing on the island. So we settled for budget. And it was great. Fifteen miles from the island...25 minute drive and 1/3 the price for housing...which all we used was to sleep in because we were there for the beaches!

The rooms have been totally renovated...retaining the style. I am sure it was a hot spot in 1975! Clean, great showers, lots of water pressure, great beds...32 inch flat screen TV. The room is huge.

The pool was clean, neat, great.

And while doing the laundry, we heard great live music next door...went over there to make our last night in Florida perfect.

The breakfast was just OK. And you had to log in each time you used the very fast internet. The only drawbacks.

Room Tip: ground floor is great...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

During Spring Break week, we found this hotel through airline booking. It was reasonable in price (redemption of miles) compared to others, and had one of the highest tripadvisor rating of hotels in this price range in Fort Myers area. Location is quite central, about 15 minutes from the airport RSW.

The hotel is very easy to find, right on the main stretch of Cleveland Ave, connecting North and Side Fort Myers. The area seemed busy (during the day) and not unsafe. The guests at the hotel seem your normal travelers, rather than the more questionable kind. (You can tell by all the new, clean rental cars in the lot).

The room is clean. If the hotel was to invest anything in the future, I'd suggest invest in new bedding and cover. The rooms are large. For two queen-size bed room, there is still room for a table and two chairs - which is very helpful. The fridge is decent size, and can be adjusted to be quite cold - freezing, in fact. Microwave, Iron in the room, very useful.

The pool is small, and in March, it was cold. No towels at the poolside. The housekeeping staff seems to do very good job. The front desk staff is busy (usually just one), but very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is continental, but not too skimpy. Fresh boiled eggs, two kinds of basic cereal, apple, orange juice and milk. Orange fruit (could use some bananas), coffee, decaf. Small donuts. A very NICE cranberry flat bread in the selection - very gourmet. My kids' favorite part - making your own waffles at breakfast. We stayed for 3 days, and only one day we had to wait a few minutes for a table. It's not too crowded.

During certain seasons, the price for hotels near Fort Myers are ridiculous - and judging for trip advisor, they are no good. This one is more than sufficient for a family who does not spend a lot of time sitting in the hotel room. Good buy for the price.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a ground floor room if you have suitcases. Ask for the rooms to face away from the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Large rooms, clean, free internet and friendly staff. Only drawback is the landing on the upper floor - people pass right in front of your window - noise insulation is not very good. For the price we payed we could not expect more. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter B
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was on a scouting trip looking for a place to live and ended up in this general area of town. It was about 5:30 pm and I needed to find a room for the night, so I found this place on my smartphone and called before coming to see if they had any rooms and was put on hold for an eternity. Finally I hung up and called back and the woman said "well I'm the only one here" and I thought, well, whose fault is that that you don't have enough help? Anyway, I finally got her to tell me that they had rooms after at least 10 minutes of waiting. So I went there, and the lady checked me into a king non-smoking room. The sink would not drain at all. It filled with water just washing up before going out to dinner, and the water was still in the sink when I returned. Also there were ants on the nightstand because someone had left something gooey there (honey?) and it was not cleaned up. The front desk woman had told me earlier that I could not cancel since it was after 6 pm, so rather than asking for a refund and leaving, I had to get another room. The process of re-assigning me to another room took an inordinate amount of time because she kept having problems trying to do things on the computer. So, after dragging all my luggage down the stairs to go back to the front desk, I then had to lug it back up the stairs to my new room. This room was significantly better, but was not a king bed and the deadbolt would not lock. There was no bar soap, only liquid soap dispensers on the wall which I do not care for. Luckily I brought my own shampoo because they didn't supply any. The shower head was very low and I am only 5'3" tall, so it was OK for me but for a taller man I'm sure it would be annoying. There was good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The bed and pillows were actually very comfortable although I was not eager to pull the bedspread/comforter (it was kind a cross between the two) up touching me. Heat and A/C unit worked well. Complimentary breakfast was so-so. I got several whiffs of something really rank-smelling during breakfast which was quite off-putting. Don't know what it was for sure, but there was, inexplicably, a collapsible cart full of what looked like dirty clothes parked next to the sofa in the lobby/breakfast area, so that may have been it. If so, that is gross. Due to the inhospitality of the management and the hit-or-miss of the cleanliness, I would not recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
abvifortmyers, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Maintenance was informed of the problems you encountered with the Sink would not drain in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs

• Maintenance was instructed to replace deadbolt in the room assigned to you.

• The housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness in their work for us.

We are thankful for mentioning all the positive sides which you observed during your stay. I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

A Hilton it is not, but it is clean, quiet and safe. It was a girls weekend to Sanibel Island on a budget. This was the best price I could find. While the room is not a 10, it is definitely not a 1. The room was clean, and comfortable, it has all the amenities you need. Beds are comfortable, clean and fresh. Bath is mold free and clean. Towels are clean and fresh. Breakfast has room for improvement. Front desk clerk is waitress and desk clerk. It is your BASIC breakfast. Need to offer more fresh fruit and keep fruit that is there FRESH! Breakfast area is clean, large and plenty of seating! Owner needs to to do away with automatic reply on trip advisor and do his own PERSONAL answers. All answers seem like they are done by an answering machine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fritzy77
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was going to be in Fort Myers for one night and I found the America's Best Value Inn. The location is near most everything in Fort Myers. I found the rooms, with two minor exceptions, were nice and clean. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water in both the morning and evening. They serve a continental breakfast every morning. Taking everything into consideration with the price being $89 I would certainly stay here again. Most hotels/motels in Florida in prime season is easily in the mid 100's. The only minor complaint I had was that I called around 8:00 a.m. the morning of my arrival and asked if a noon check in would be possible because they say 2:00 p.m. is check in. I was put on hold and the gentleman came back on the line and said that would be okay. I arrived at about 11:55 a.m. and was told my room was not ready yet. The girl on the front desk called someone and asked them to get a room ready for me ASAP and they had a room for me after a twenty minute wait. A minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are the most desirable unless you want to carry your luggage up a flight of st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business