“Expensive and convenient”

Cru At The Bell Tower Shops
Reserve with OpenTable
Cru At The Bell Tower Shops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 856 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cross street: Daniels and US 41
Chevy Chase, MD
“Expensive and convenient”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went on a recentTuesday evening so no problems with service as one person had recently. I did make a reservation and asked for an outside table. We have learned to make a reservation if at all possible. They know you are coming and when. In France and Italy, we have seen people turned away if they do not have a reservation, even if tables are empty.
Yes, food was expensive but overall good to very good. Wine is served by the glass or bottle. Bottles are grouped by price, $30, $50 and $70. A very good idea.
3 negatives. The waitress asked repeatedly if everything was OK. Some like that, but not us. Also, when I asked for water, we were asked "filtered, fizz or still?" We said still. No mention of a cost. $6!! It was in a 800ml bottle but really! Specials: 1 app and 1 entre, beef tenderloin. Cost not given so I asked. App was in line with others. Beef was $55! Yikes. Rude to have a special double the cost of other entres.
Overall, we still liked our meal and sitting outside of a nice evening.

• Visited January 2013

Cape Coral, FL
“Over-Rated”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

i found this place over rated and pretentious. Very average food, average service and over priced. If you beleive you're getting something outstanding because of the high price and shiek atmos, then this place is for you. They have gone through so many different ownerships, closings, re-openings and staff changes it would make your head spin. I asked for an un-oaked chard and bartender said yes I have one. When I tried it I could taste aok right away. When i again questioned him, he told me it only had a little oak. Duh.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank CapeCoralTravelers
Fort Myers, Florida
“Management and staff just don't care!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for a glass of wine after shopping this past week. All the bar stools had napkins on them, which I thought was a little odd. Were they laying out the laundry to dry? Were all the seats reserved? Is this a new fashion? Another patron said "it's fine, you can sit there" so I hopped up on a barstool and waited for my husband to return from dropping packages off in the car. Well surprise surprise!! They had just painted the barstools and now I had black paint all over my white pants. Apparently the napkins didn't do a very good job of covering the wet paint.

I was very mad. The only response from staff (management?) was "well we painted them 6 hrs ago". Did I mention the humidity level that day was 82%? No one apologized. NO ONE! The bartender gal picked up the tab for our happy hour wine (2) and a $4 appetizer. Big deal. I had to trash a $60 pair of pants.

And . . . No staff came to move the wet-paint stools or warn other patrons. We personally recommended to numerous folks to switch stools or sit elsewhere.

Totally unbelievable and unacceptable. How could they possibly be so indifferent?

“Interesting, different food”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The menu items are a little pricey but the food is interesting - different combinations of flavors in each dish. This isn't your meat-potatoes-steakhouse-fish type of restaurant. Every dish is a little different, with different combination of spices and items.

I had the grilled caesar salad. I was not a fan of grilled lettuce, even thought it was done correctly. The dressing was excellent.

For dinner, I had the seabass. Excellent. It was a generous thick piece of fresh fish with a tomato sauce that had a hint of heat to it. Just a hint. I wouldn't call this a spicy dish. It came with a fish cake that was very good.

Dessert was from Norman Love. How can you go wrong there? You can't. I had the chocolate raspberry dessert. It was like a mouse. Very rich but light tasting and most important, not overly sweet. Most rich chocolate desserts are way too sweet. This one wasn't, despite how rich it was. I took half home and it was yummy the next day.

The wine list has wines from small boutique wineries. No Kendall Jackson Chardonnay here. I had no idea what to pick. I picked the cheapest, a Cabernet, at $30 a bottle. Very good for the price.

Cru has a lively bar scene and it is noisy. However, there was a group of us and we had excellent service despite the noise of the restaurant.

They have an outdoor patio but they allow smoking from what I can tell. Too bad.

• Visited December 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice lunch, wine and date night spot”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The lunches are Cru are inventive and reliably tasty. Friday evenings are also lovely on the patio area for wine and great starters.

Visited December 2012