“Fantastic kind staff & manager/owner”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Congleton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic kind staff & manager/owner”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have just returned from a month around Florida and found this to be one of the memorable moments. Hotel clean, comfortable and great price, but what made the moment there to be special was simply the kindness of the manager / owner Jose. We found ourselves in real difficulty over an issue and he went beyond his duty to help us out, even after we had checked out of his hotel. A reminder that there really are some generous and kind people in this world who will simply help because they can. I cannot thank him enough nor praise the welcome and kindness. I recommend this Best Western on this basis alone. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirstykhoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Being near the airiport was convenient, but what I got was so much more! Best Western Airport staff was extremely courteous and went out of their way to thank me for being a guest at their hotel. Breakfast had the usual choices for an upscale hotel. I'd stay here again and hope I have the opportunity! Keep up the good work. Bed and pillows were great also!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jose C, General Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are truly grateful for our guests and the positive feedbak is greatly appreciated by the entire staff. We look forward to your next visit!
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hello. I recently stayed for 10 days with my now, roommate. As she has already stated on this site, neither of us owns a dog, and yet $322.00 was taken from her checking account, due to supposed pet fur and feces found in our room. We did not have a dog, we do not have a dog, nor was a dog anywhere our hotel room. The General Manager, Jose' states that he has credible photos of dog feces and fur. This is not the case, as my roommate and a Fox 4 news Reporter were shown supposed photos. Both women, were shown a photo of a white stain of some sort, on a piece of carpet, they were shown the room # placard outside the room, showing the number 305, which was our room, but neither photos were real evidence, since there were no dates or times on photos. My roommate, April, wasn't allowed to go back into room to see where these supposed stains and fur was, nor to see if carpet had even been cleaned to remove horrible, previously existing stains near bathroom sink. My roommate has since also contacted the Better Business Bureau which is completing an investigation, and also has plans of filing small-claims proceedings in this matter if it is not resolved honestly.

We are both continuing to pursue this hotel issue, because we were completely robbed and eventually, the truth will be known by all. Please beware of staying at this hotel. Please also see previous posts from my roommate. We have truth on our side. The Management of this Best Western can say what they like, but I welcome them to post said photos on this site, as does April. We have unbiased witness to our claims. Please also feel free to go to www.fox4now.com, to view the Sept. 5th, 6 o'clock news segment, 4 In Your Corner. Our case is easy enough to substantiate, just by speaking to my neighbors, my roommate and I, or anyone we know. PLEASE BEWARE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kyle M
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Hello. I recently had a 10 day reservation for this hotel. When I found it via priceline, I was ecstatic, as my friend and I were moving to Ft. Meyers and wanted a safe and convenient place to stay until we could get settled into an apartment. My roommate and I came down to FL with only the possessions that would fit in my car, and ourselves. I had sold or given away most of my big possessions in order to fund this huge life change, that I have wanted forever.

With that being said, upon our arrival, check in went fine and the hotel is lovely. That however, is where my compliments end. Upon bringing all of my belongings up to the hotel, we noticed a huge stain on the carpet that looked like blood. I can't verify that, but while it was far from desireable, we were tired from two days of driving, didn't want to inconvenience the staff and didn't want to have to switch rooms. My roommate, Kyle, notified housekeeping about it, but also stated that we were ok with the carpet, as long as we weren't charged for it.

The rest of the stay was uneventful and productive, we found our apartment, and enjoyed the area. I did note on many occasions however, that Jose' the manager, was demeaning to his employees and very demanding. While I understand that a Hotel manager has many pressures and demands to deal with, he was over the top. It is a large part of the reason I declined a job offer from him at the last minute.

My big surprise came two days after our checkout date of 8/29/2012, when upon looking at my checking account, I was informed that 322.00 was withdrawn. When I contacted the hotel, I was told it was because there was pet feces and dog hair found in the room. This is a complete lie, as we left the room in the same condition as we found it, with the exception of unmade beds.

After speaking with the hotel staff, I then contacted the Best Western Corporate Customer Care Number, but after several conversations over the course of Labor Day Weekend, was told that there is nothing they can do for me. It is up to Jose', the General Manager to give me my money back. I then contacted my bank to see if charges could be reversed, cancelled the card that the money was taken from, and filed an affadavit with my bank. I then at the advice of someone in my area, contacted a local News Station, Fox 4, and did a story.

The kind reporter came to my apartment and videotaped proof of no dog. We then went to the Best Western. Upon asking the Front Desk staff for a refund and to speak to Jose', the General Manager, I was told that he was not at the hotel but that I could not have a refund. It is at that time, that Julie, the Fox reporter, gave then her card and stated who she was affiliated with. Suddenly an Assistant Manager arrived and wisked us away to a conference room. She explained that the General Manager was on Vacation and could not be reached. Again, it is possible that this was the case, but I also want it to be noted that his Hummer was in the parking lot and I was told just the night before that Jose' would be available all day. Hmmm

The Assistant Manager, Reporter and I finally got Jose' on speaker phone. He immediately agreed to give me a full refund of my 322.00, as long as the news segment wasn't shown on FT. Meyers 6 o'clock news. When I stated that I wanted the show aired anyway, and when the reporter, Julie, stated that her supervisor would tell her to run the segment, Jose' then refused to reimburse me.

Bottom line-A. Hotel says I had a Dog. I don't own a dog, nor does my roommate.
B. If we had such a dog and front desk staff saw us walking it, why will they not
show us security surveillance of this?
C. If there was dog poop and hair everywhere, why are there no credible photos to
back this up, and why would housekeeping not tell management immediately so
that it was documented properly?
D. If they are so strict on cleanliness, why was there already a huge stain on
carpet that we had already notified housekeeping about?
E. We can identify our housekeeper. Why were we not allowed to speak to her?
F. There are photos of some piece of carpet in "some" room that is stained, along
with a photo of our room #305, but stain was not from our room, and photo
wasn't date and time stamped. It could have been from any room, at any
time.
G. If the hotel manager has the ability to pull funds from my checking account,
shouldn't he have to have some kind of proof, other than the words," I trust my
housekeeping and front desk staff, I don't need visual proof such as
surveillance cameras, to charge you for a pet."

Again, My roommate Klye and I recently moved to Fort Meyers Florida from WI, came with absolutely NO PETS of any kind, have proof of this, and yet a supposed dog of our pooped and left dog hair all over our room. This hotel bosts of its dog friendliness, but I don't even own a dog and I have been stolen from. Do not stay here, unless you want to take a risk that will not be worth it. Please see the news segment at www.fox4now.com, for the evening of Sept. 5. 2012 The segment is part of a series, called 4, In Your Corner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank arkorpela1
Jose C, General Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
The hotel does allow pets, however, there are designated rooms for guests with pets, as we know that many people have allergies to animals. There is a $20.00 per night pet fee ($100 maximum per week) which covers deep cleaning of the room, including carpet shampooing, once the guest has checked out. We do ask that guests let us know at check in whether they are traveling with a pet, so that we may provide them with one of our pet friendly rooms, which are conveniently located on the first floor nearest to the exit. It is standard policy for housekeeping staff to inform the front desk when a guest has a pet or there is evidence of a pet having been in the room, if it is a non-designated pet room. The front desk then informs a manager who will physically go inspect the room. This was the case when housekeeping cleaned your room upon your departure. They found indications of a pet having been in the room, including animal fur and traces of feces on the carpet. A manager was called to the room and pictures were taken. We would be happy to share these pictures with you upon request.
New York City
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Such a great hotel - super clean, super friendly, the room was updated and fresh looking, the pool was very taken care of (small), and the best part - the breakfast was included and had pancakes, waffles, bagels, so much more, and gourmet coffee. That's quality in a motel like this. I cannot speak of location, we were just driving through. Room was $70.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was in Fort Myers to see my godson play for the Fort Myers Miracles. I stayed for three nights. The staff was so accommodating, helpful, and friendly. The shuttle took me to and from the games, to the shopping areas, and the beach. The breakfast was awesome. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Great location to catch the local bus and close to shopping and places to eat. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was in Ft. Myers for training. I typically stay in more "upscale" hotels; but, the company had a great negotiated rate and it was within walking distance to the company's office. So, I thought I would give it a try. WOW! I was pleasantly surprised! The rooms were clean and the beds and pillows felt brand new. The furnishings were very nice with a microwave, refrigerator and leather desk chair.. I thought I had just stepped into a room at the Hilton or Mariott! The "window unit" air conditioner was quieter than most with no rattles or squeaks. Although I was only about 2 rooms away from the elevator, I could not hear it or the ice machine! The walls must have good insulation because I did not hear any of the other guests slamming doors or playing the t.v. and radios too loud (even though there was a high-school-aged sports team staying on my floor). It was some of the best nights of sleep I have ever had in a hotel room!

The outdoor pool was nice. The fitness room only had a treadmill and a recumbent bike; no dumbells or strength equipment. The included breakfast met my needs of cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee. They also had a make-your-own-waffle station and maybe two other "hot" selections. Mainly it was continental style.

It was within walking distance to a couple of good restaurants, too. And a short drive to other good restaurants and shopping. And only about 30 minutes to the beach!

All in all, it was a great stay. The desk clerk said they completely remodeled within the last few years; and, it shows!

I have more training scheduled for early October; so, I made my reservation for that visit as I checked out from this one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveler40080
Jose C, General Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel! Comments like yours are always appreciated by the entire staff. We try very hard to make all our guests as comfortable as possible. Also, we are continuously making improvements to the property, so your feedback is very important to us.
We look forward to your next visit, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the meantime. Thank you again.