New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Famous Dave's Barbeque
Ranked #48 of 823 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food & Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great Food & barbecue! The pleasant overwhelming smokey scent that goes through the restaurant is inviting and helps bump up your appetite!

Visited June 2012

Punta Gorda
“Great ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We first started going to Famous Dave's when we lived in the metro DC area, and were happy to get a Famous Dave's in Fort Myers. The food is good and their bread pudding is to die for! Try it!

Visited June 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Hands down, the best BBQ in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Full disclosure-- I love BBQ! I think it should be its own food group. I've tried them all in Fort Myers and wherever I visit such as Texas, NC, SC, GA. I've been to BBQ cook offs, BBQ festivals, etc. After all that, I still prefer Famous Dave's. Plus their corn muffin and mac and cheese are to die for. Try it. You won't regret it.

“2 for 1 Stella!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Awesome 2 for 1 on all the drafts including stella. We were able to sit outside with our dogs. The food was good, the service was fair. We are excited they are opening one closer to our house.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“THIS PLACE IS GOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Wow! I've been traveling to Fort Myers on business frequently over the past 7 years. I love BBQ but get in the habit to always going to the same place. I won't name the place I tend to visit each time I'm there but it's named after a football player. I thought they had good BBQ. By happen chance I was rushed for lunch and had heard reviews about Famous Dave's through Tripadvisor so I decided to try it. If it's not the best BBQ I've ever had it's as good as any BBQ I've ever had. Dave's BBQ sauces are all incredible. Needless to say, the next time I'm in Fort Myers I'll have dinner there when I'm not in a hurry. Highly Reccomend!!!

• Visited October 2012