“JUST OK PLACE TO EAT”

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers, FL
“JUST OK PLACE TO EAT”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had dinner with the family and inlaws the other evening. I had the fish & chips and my wife had the grilled tuna sandwich. Both meals were on the dry side. Service was ok and not exceptional, especially at a very quiet time.

• Visited July 2012

• Turkish first
Fort Payne, Alabama
“Nice Surroundings...”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Going to Bass Pro shop is an "event" because it is about 40 miles from our house, so going to the restaurant afterward is part of the event. I can't say that it is ever spectacular, but it is good and enjoyable due to the old pics, the fish tank, the assortment of stuffed big fish, and the architecture of the building.. I would assume that it would have awesome seafood due to the name..."Islamorada Fish Company", but I can't say that fish is their strong point. Today I had a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing. It was average and the chicken was a little dry. My husband had the Aligator basket with spicy fries. It was not a man-size meal and the gator was over-fried. He felt there was too much breading and not enough gator. The one piece that I tasted was tender though over-done. I have had calamari on other occasions and it was good but very messy as the coating just falls off in crumbles. The best item that I have had here was the burger. It was commendable. Today I also had a cocktail... a blue one... I think it was an Island Blue Margarita (without salt) It was big and the best part of the meal. Our server was polite and cordial.
We requested a booth by the window and our view was a watery area which was almost swamp-like... not pretty.
We will probably be back again the next time we come to Bass Pro... maybe close to Christmas, and next time we might just do apps & drinks.

• Visited July 2012
Shawnee, Kansas
“Skip It -- There are better resturants in Gulf Coast Cetner”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My partens,husband and I went for lunch and it was disappointing. The service wasn't the greatest, the plates were dirty, and the food left a lot to be desired. The menu selections were limited and the excecution of the plates was questionable. It was over $100 for a fish and chips basked, shimp fettachini, grouper sandwhich and cocnut shrimp basket and a few drinks. I hate to say it, but it was a terrible value for the money. I suggest you skip this and go just about anywhere else.

Visited June 2012
Providence
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good food, nice atmosphere, good service, moderately price

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank JudyAProvidence
Punta Gorda
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had lunch today with another couple. All of us enjoyed our food. Our friends had grouper rubens, my wife had grouper portofino, and I had mahi mahi tacos. It was tasty!

• Visited April 2012