“Looks can be deceiving - a great find!”

La Trattoria Cafe Napoli
Ranked #71 of 868 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We almost passed up on this place just by looking at it from the outside. We missed it the first three times we drove by, as we didn't realize it was in a strip mall. I'm glad we took the gamble, as it paid off! The Caprese salad was one of the best I've ever had. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and the desserts were amazing! All of the staff was very friendly, and the place was packed! It's a small place, so we lucked out that one table was open. I'd definitely recommend it as a great place to eat. It's much better than all the terrible franchise restaurants in the area! Make a reservation and enjoy!

1  Thank lauraleeegg

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was out with my husband for my birthday and we decided to go back to Gloria's La Trattoria . I had a glass of Reisling wine to start which was very good. My husband enjoyed his red wine as well. We chose two of the tapas, Stuffed Artichokes with Cabrales cheese and Chicken Empandas with a salsa verde. Both were excellent. The cheese in the artichokes was a little salty for me, but good with a little of the warm bread we had at the table.
For entrees, I had the Vitelo Calabres which is veal, mozzarella cheese and portobello mushrooms in Marsala wine over roasted potatoes and my husband had the Ternera a la Sevillana, a veal scaloppine with a rustic carrot sherry sauce and green olives over fried string beans. Mine was excellent and my husband loved his as well. Just a mention of the fried string beans on his entree. He had me try one and they were outstanding. You can order them with a drizzle of truffle oil on the tapas menu as well, and I would recommend trying them.
We were full, but it was my birthday so dessert was in order. I had the Gelato and my husband had the Peach Napoleon. Gelato was nice and refreshing. The Napoleon was good as well.

As always a great meal!

Make reservations, especially on the weekend on this gem of a restaurant or you might be disappointed when there is no room for you in the dining room.

1  Thank Beachgirlcc48
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Really, this restaurant should just be renamed Gloria's after the glorious chef and proprietor Gloria! She's a cuban doll with international chef experience and a whole lot of flavor -- both herself and her dishes! You might see her sitting with a table of regulars (or new friends!) or bringing them a house specialty -- fried plantains -- yum!

This place just oozes something special. I've never had a bad meal there in the 2 years that we lived in Fort Myers. It's somewhat off the beaten path -- tucked away in an inconspicuous strip mall along U.S. 41 and next to a karate class -- but so worth finding. We made 'Gloria's' a stop for date nights and anytime we had family or friends in town.

Quaint space with wonderful servers, a gracious owner and generous portions of mouth-watering food. Really, top-notch in my book on all accounts.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

First of all, be sure to get directions. The address is on the main drag, Rt 41, but it is actually on a side street of a little strip center so it is easy to drive by at nite. Second, you would think this was an Italian restaurant and maybe it was in the past. A vivacious owner, Gloria, is Spanish I believe, so that menu contains dinners spanning southern Europe and is quite good. In fact we are going back again next week. The restaurant is not vey large, minimally decorated bu chic in a way. Had great mussles, paela, a chicken dish, nice wine selection. Would highly recommend

1  Thank Larry K
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I'm a New Yorker who loves ethnic boutique restaurants and excellent food. That said, Trattoria Cafe Napoli is superb, simply wonderful, flavorful, and top notch. My friend and I shared 6 tapas menu items and couldn't decide which we liked best because they were all so good. This restaurant is consistently good and a must do every time I visit Fort Myers