“NICE PLACE TO STAY”

Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
OHIO
“NICE PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at this location for 3 days. It was very nice. Hotel was under update construction, but did not interfere with my stay. price was reasonable, and place well kept. The help were very helpful and assisted with every request i had.

Room Tip: The A/c was a little noisy, and place was not easy to find based on directions provided. The directi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Micheline L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Candlewood Suites I-75. Construction repairs can be a bit tricky when trying to make sure that we don''t bother our guests, so I'm glad that we succeeded in that. Our team always tries to be as responsive as they can to make sure all of our guests are taken care of and comfortable.

We hope to see you on your next trip to Fort Myers.

Micheline Lobdell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. We chose this hotel because we were moving to florida and needed a hotel with an efficiency because we have a two year old and needed a washer /dryer and kitchen area. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful. We booked a 1 bedroom suite because we had my mother in law with us and needed a place for her to stay with our two year old. We got up to our room and realized that the room didn't have a separate bedroom. We went back down and explained to them that something wasn't right and they immediately got the assistant.manager and he actually gave us the adjoining room to our current room for no charge. They were extremely pleasant to deal with and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to write a review. That was a great way to solve your situation and the tight thing to do. I hope that your move to Florida has been a great one.

North Port, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood Fort Myers North, on Colonial Court, recently. We were greeted, at the front desk, by Esmeralda. She was Ms. Personality and very helpful. Our suite was comfortable and very well appointed. We visited The Cupboard. (I forgot my toothbrush) and there was toothpaste and razors and most everything there but toothbrushes. That is really not a complaint. Just a comment. We would not hesitate to use Candlewood Suites, in the future.
Maryann
North Port, FL

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maryannb225
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Candle wood Suites I-75. Sadly, Esmeralda has moved away, but she was a great asset to the hotel and we miss her.

I hope that next time you are in Fort Myers you will stay with us again and I promise we will have toothbrushes!

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

i just want a little peace any quite doing the 4 of july and they put me in end room i was knot out i hear know noise at all love it.i had everything i need it in the room coffe clean fresh towels 2 t.v in the room iron and board hanger in both rooms the room was very clean and good staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for that great review! I am glad that you found the hotel quite, clean and comfortable and the staff helpful.

Have a wonderful New Year!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is apparently a extended stay hotel, which entails someone coming by and cleaning your room once a week only. If you need towels or new sheets you have to bring them down to front desk to get them. Also I will never stay at another hotel that allows pets. When the A/C was off in the room here and there I could smell a dog smell, or maybe the carpet. It was pretty bad smell. Also we were here in town for a baseball tournament and got stuck in a down pour of rain at the field and we were soaked when we came back to the hotel so we stopped at front desk to get fresh towels before we headed to our room for hot showers and the attendant at the front desk was on the phone and let us stand there too long while we were dripping wet. He could have put that customer on hold for a few minutes, poor customer service. The laundry room wasnt very clean either, it needed to be swept. Also trash was always in the hallways outside rooms and would be there all day long before someone would pick it up the nextday. I feel this staff is not very professional and need to step it up on cleaning the place. I will never stay at a Candlewood Suites again. Only perk about this place is was in a good location and it also had a little cool kitchen.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura H
Spencer S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Unfortunately, I can tell that we were not able to meet your expectations. Being an extended stay hotel we only provide housekeeping once a week for guest privacy as some people live here months at times. I do understand where that can be frustrating for guests that are only staying a short period of time though. As for the lack of customer service there is absolutely no excuse and I will be handling it with the team immediately. My goal for my team is to provide the absolute best customer service possible and it is very upsetting that we did not meet your expectations in that category. Please be assured that the issues you have brought to my attention in this review will be corrected immediately. I hope that you can find it in you to give us a second chance to show you what the Candlewood brand is really all about if you are ever in Fort Myers again.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here one night while doing a turnaround trip to Ft. Myers. This hotel was a very good buy. The rooms are designed for a traveler who needs more of a long term accommodation. It had a fully equipped kitchen, a desk, WiFi, DVD player, and a very comfortable bed. The room was very clean. The staff was accommodating and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank yo so much for the awesome review! We really do work hard to meet and succeed our guests expectations and I am confident that we have achieved that goal with you. We look forward to seeing you again!
Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Pricing is excellent, why I am rating this the 5. Room is clean , including bathroom, lots of good quality towels. Each room has a full size refrig and dishwasher. More than I needed for the nite. The a/c is a little loud, but once temp is set in room goes off as opposed to staying all nite. Staff at front desk very accommodating, and even gave me a nice shortcut on Treeline Rd to the airport. It is a bare bones hotel. If you are looking for a clean and pleasant simple. There is a little room where breakfast items are for sale. Very reasonable for the hotels in the area. It is located on Colonial which is a road with some traffic, but not heard with windows completely closed, and lighter in the evenings (I always open window). There is a shopping center called Forum across the way with stores including 5 Guys and Subway. There are fast food restaurants within mile of the area. Coffee machine provided in room.

Cons: My personal preference is different kind of flooring. I am not into carpeting in Fla, but I understand for sound control. Although there are floorings that can put in with cushioned underneath. Also, upgrade the pillows. I think a small room should always have lite and washablecoverings. This had a dark lite washable covering. Lite makes the room look larger, but it certainly was acceptable and simply decorated.

Room Tip: I always ask for serene quiet nonsmoking. Not sure if that makes a difference
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Spencer S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review! I am so glad that the team and myself have met your expectations! We look forward for your next return.