“Great place to stay!”

Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place is a great place to stay as it is close to the airport and being in the gulf coast town center you can walk to numerous restaurants, do shopping for both men and women... BigBass Pro shop,movie theater.... just a whole lot going on there. The Marriott staff is very friendly, the pool is nice and the rooms are nice with refrigerators. I guess the location for food and entertainment nearby is what keeps us coming back. CONVENIENCE!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thanks for choosing our hotel continuously and for the outstanding comments making it a great place to stay. We look forward to your return.

General Manaager

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here several times over the past months on business. Great location, close to airport and walking distance to Gulf Coast Towne Center with plenty places to eat & drink and not have to worry about driving. My wife joined me on several trips and we recommend one of the rooms with the large jacuzzi bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thanks very much for the terrific comments about your stays at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before for business and liked it because it is in a good location and the rooms were clean. Since then, the hotel has really gone downhill. The front desk failed to inform me that my room was for handicapped when I checked in. When I asked to change to another room, the two people working at the front desk couldn't have cared less. Instead, the best they could do was to offer me another room, which also was for handicapped. They said there were no other clean rooms available at the time. When I offered to wait for one to be cleaned, they refused. There was no effort to accomodate such a simple request, even though it was obvious there were other rooms available. Also, both rooms were dirty. There were hairs in the shower in one and what appeared to be spit up toothpaste in the sink of the other.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and you stand a better chance of getting a good room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Leigh Ann C
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

I want to deeply apologize for your most recent stay and the front desk not being able to give you the room you requested and for the cleanliness issues in the rooms. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and sincerely hope you continue. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Ft Myers.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very clean property, nice outdoor pool area, fast Wi-Fi, quiet, free parking.

We were very pleased with our stay.

Property is 5 miles from RSW airport.
Property does offer complimentary shuttle service to/from RSW

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

We are so glad you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to having you the next time you travel to the Ft Myers area.

Have an Fantabulous Day!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

After traveling 30 hours, we arrived at the RSW airport in the middle of the night, and due to illness were unable to drive home.
Help was a phone call away: a room was available and the hotel shuttle was sent to the airport to pick us up.
I was touched by the caring manner of the driver, Luis, who so kindly helped settle my husband in the van, and then loaded the luggage.
A great guy whose help was so much appreciated especially in this situation.
At the front desk we were assisted friendly, quickly, and efficiently. Luis again took care of the luggage, and in a very short time we were comfortably settled in our room.
The room, #230, was immaculate. Nice all white bed linens, fantastic mattress, great pillows (first time I didn't have to use my own...), nice, big!, and very clean bathroom, effectively darkened room.
Altogether, we could not have chosen a better place. Our compliments to the manager and the whole staff! We'll be back!
On a previous occasion, we had a similarly good experience. At that time we were also able to take advantage of the great location amidst plenty of shopping and dining places.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I want to first thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Ft Myers in the Gulf Coast Town Center. We greatly appreicate your business. Also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write all the wonderful comments about our staff and hotel. I will pass it on to the staff and we look forward to your return.

Have a Fantabulous Day

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Prior to my four week stay at the Courtyard Marriott Gulf Coast Town Center, I didn't have any real expectations for my lodging. Sure, I assume that with a Courtyard, you get what you always get at a Courtyard: clean rooms, free WiFi, comp'd breakfast, decent furnishings, and all-in-all, a convenient, albeit forgettable stay. That was NOT the case at the Gulf Coast Town Center location: while the amenities may be the same, the STAFF was the true difference maker. The polite and professional individuals that run this establishment ensured that my stay was one of royalty (I exaggerate but not by much).

First off, lets talk logistics. This Courtyard is in the outskirts of a very large, retail shopping area that houses dozens of restaurants, bars, and shops. Whether you're looking for a beer, golf balls, surf board, or a steak dinner, the Gulf Coast Town Center has got it. Basically all of the shops and restaurants are walkable, with the farthest shop (Target) about 3/4 a mile away. Perhaps the closest establishment to the Courtyard is also one of the best: LA Fitness. If you're not thrilled with the rather pedestrian workout room (a handful of cardio machines, free weight dumbbells, etc), the Courtyard offers a few daily passes to the LA Fitness, which has more than enough fitness offerings.

The Courtyard building is nothing out of the realm of a standard Courtyard. Four floors, decent lobby, hot breakfast but not restaurant (so many other restaurants to pick from), outdoor pool and hottub, a boardroom, and a couple computers to print off your boarding passes.

As I mentioned before, the Courtyard staff is the real game-changer for this location. Since the staff knew me and my colleagues were staying for an extended time, they took the time to know our names, anticipate our needs, and provide the necessities to make sure we had an enjoyable time. Most all of the staff held this customer-focused attitude but here are a few specific standouts I had to note:
Ron - manager who went out of his way to help provide transportation to a golf and boating outing. Free of charge (though we tipped of course), on-time and convenient, he shuttled us without hesitation or compliant. Super friendly and can't express how accommodating
Sam - front of the house and served us with a smile, took interest in our stay and made sure all was taken care of
Haley - front of the house, not a better way to be greeted from a long flight or busy day than with Haley; went out of her way to be attentive to our specific needs
Matt - another manager whom helped us plan and strategize our free time and coordinate transportation; he seemed to run the show so props to him for hiring and retaining quality talent.
Willy - I mostly saw Willy at breakfast but he was so friendly at getting me a table and making sure my drink order was waiting for me after I returned from the buffet. In fact everyone helping at breakfast was great, though beside Oscar, their names escape me.
Jeff - the bartender who remember my drink order after night one and always took extra care to make sure our glasses were filled.

Overall I can't say enough positive things about the staff and my stay at this Courtyard. The establishment is a well-oiled machine but has a generous amount of hospitality and personal catering (via the staff) that sets it above and beyond any 3 star hotel I've had the pleasure of staying at before.

Room Tip: Get to know the staff, ask them questions about the Gulf Coast Town Center. Also inquire about the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review about our hotel and our outstanding staff. I will pass it along to all the staff to remind them what a terrific job they do and it is appreciated . We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed overnight at this hotel for an early morning flight out of RSW. Clean room, comfortable bed and quiet. The only issue we encountered during our stay is that we could not get a space in early morning van (a minivan) to RSW, so we had to option for an earlier schedule.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zsrbay
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks very much for staying with us and the great feedback. However, I do apologize that our vans were full for the intial time you wanted to depart. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to having you again.